My new found friend and I would like to say hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by CornishBlue19, Apr 15, 2018.

1. CornishBlue19

CornishBlue19 PetForums Newbie

Today I met my new forever friend, an 8 week Huntaway x Collie Blue Merle. I pick him up to bring him home on Monday. So when I found this forum I gladly made the decision to join and introduce myself, in the hope of finding help and support from its members who own a similar breed. I’ve owned a Labrador x Collie before, a beautiful intelligent and playful character was she and now I have a he! Though this is new and early days with the Huntaway breed. I understand they were bred in New Zealand as a hearding dog and have since found out they bark mainly when hearding and that you can train them when to bark. Though how you go about that I’m somewhat unsure of.
    It will remain to be seen how long potty training will take, or how arduous that task may be. As will how often and how much my new friend will want to walk and play and excercise etc. Though somewhat apprehensive, it’s an exciting prospect and I am hoping to share the experience with those of you permitting and learn from you in the coming days, weeks, months and hopefully for many years to come.
    So we both say hello and thankyou for any interest that may come our way. I cannot tell you the name of my little friend yet? Still thinking that one through...........

2. Animalfan

Animalfan PetForums Member

I can’t wait for more pics! He looks so adorable :Kiss Must admit I’m a teeny bit jealous, I’m mulling over the idea of a new addition but there’s a lot to consider, I hate having to be responsible!

3. CornishBlue19

Hello there my first reply, thankyou! Your lab x cocker looks very fine. Love the glasses, he or she?

4. CornishBlue19

My husband and I have agreed as he is a Blue Merle and has the Huntaway characteristic blue eyes, that he will be named ‘Blue’. Hoping he will bring forth blue sky’s to yet an otherwise damp day here in the West!

5. Animalfan

Animalfan PetForums Member

Aww thanks, HE is fine, very distinguished with his silver beard and eyebrows. His name is Jayden and he’s 13 this year and I’m not ashamed to say he is the love of my life! Lol he’s also the reason I cant decide to whether to expand the menagerie or not, I just cant be sure he would be happy with a new pal or not x

6. Tiggers

Tiggers PetForums Junior

Hi, and congratulations on your new friend. This is a nice forum, and I hope you make many new friends here. I have chinchillas and several other exotic pets.

7. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums Senior

Welcome to the forum! We need more pics :D

8. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Hello and welcome to Petforums:)

9. Bobbie

Bobbie PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome

10. Kim Watcham

Kim Watcham KIM N ARCHIE

hi and welcome to pf .....some nice pics please ...:)

11. Happy Paws

Happy Paws PetForums VIP