Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My New Bedroom: What Colour?!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PoisonGirl, May 20, 2010.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I have just bought a new duvet cover set for my bed.. It's black with a wide panel of white flowers down one side.The reverse is kinda blue/grey with the flowers. I looked for a pic but cant find one.

Anyway, what colour can I paint one wall in my new bedroom that will go well??

I'd also like a kinda dark purle bed cover (of course you need more than one Lol!)

I was going to leave the painting until we moved... but I will have all day tomorrow and saturday to go in and clean, so I might as well start painting while there's nothing in the way!

2. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I like creams and whites for walls coz then you can change the decor easily with the soft furnishings. Oh, and if you use kitchen and bathroom paint its dog and kid proof too!:thumbup:

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Yeah Im going to have 3 walls cream, just want some colour on the other wall we been living in a cream house for the last year and a bit its driving me mad! :lol:

Lewis has picked dark green for his room (jungle theme) and Pink for Anna's room. That's as far as I have got! Lol

4. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

What about Duck Egg Blue on main wall where your headboard is and then white on other walls, you can break up the white walls with pic's.
    Or Aurbegne main wall with white other walls, this colour will also go with black, so get some floating shelves and put one black vase with Aurbegene flower in it and put it on the shelf onthe white wall.
    I got a big throw for my bedroom that matches the curtains and bedding, so when I wash the duvet I still have the throw in matching colour on the bed.

5. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

burgandy is nice :D

6. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

True. But, although I prefer red, I do like the occasional glass of Chardonnay from time to time! :thumbup:

7. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

our bedroom in our old house was my favourite, 3 white walls and one black one, with all black furniture and damask style decor.

8. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

I'll stick to the bourbon :thumbup:

9. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

Large Southern Comfort in a steady glass for me. One chunk of ice. Summer is here and the Absinthe is stored carefully away awaiting the return of Autumn. Well you have to something to keep you warm on the long cold darkening days leading into winter. Then, as the temperatures plummet even further, we'll break out the the anti-freeze! ;)

10. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

With the other cream walls, and the colours of soft furnishings you described, I would go with a colour made by Dulux called "Chalk Blush" - it's a very warm grey and would go well with all of the colours you've named.

Anything grey might sound dull - but trust me...grab a tester pot at B&Q (£3) and give this particular shade a go behind your bed. I think you'll really like it with your colour scheme. ;)

Using Dulux Chalk Blush 3

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice