Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My new addition to the family

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by tinamary, Mar 28, 2011.

1. tinamary

tinamary PetForums VIP

I was talking to one of the neighbours yesterday and happened to ask her how the beautiful little bunny was that she got last year for the children.
    She astounded me by telling me that since they got the new dog it has to live in the shed. She said im going to get rid of it and asked me to come and see it. I opened the shed and its cage was stuffed into a shed filled with junk and boxes. she fought through some of it and said Oh its not in the cage. Then she said Its in here somewhere. I just stood there in total amazement.
    She started moving boxes and kids toys and eventually it very shyly came out. Apparently its been in the shed for about 4 months and never seen the light of day. The children open the door and throw food in for it.

she said that it was a she and i could have it if i wanted. I did not hesitate and brought it home. It so matted at the back that i had to add to its distress by bathing it. Anyway its a boy not a girl.
    He is absolutlely the most beautiful little man and he looks just like the white rabbit in alice and wonderland. He stands up looking around at everything and yesterday he watched mesmerised by the couloured lights we have in the garden.
    Sorry thats such a long post.

Sarah+Hammies likes this.
  2. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Some people are so awful, well done for rescuing him :)

3. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

Poor little guy, but at last he is safe with you, bless you for saving him from that shed :)

4. petzplazaUK

petzplazaUK PetForums Senior

OMG how can they sleep at night , poor thing was probably terrified, glad he safe now tho- any piccies he sounds a sweetie

5. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

Well done you for taking him on and giving him a loving home, the poor bun!

6. Yate Pet Sitters

Yate Pet Sitters PetForums Newbie

I hope they treat the new dog with more more love and care than the poor rabbit.... although i expect they will soon get bored of him aswell.

Well done for taking the rabbit :)

7. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

well done for taking him in, they can be so forgiving and loving despite their neglect and abuse

8. Sarah+Hammies

Sarah+Hammies PetForums VIP

Well done for taking the little bunny in, Rep for you!

I despair, some people are just dreadful! How long before they get bored of the dog!? :rolleyes:: :mad: :nono:

Do you have any piccies of the little bun?

9. tinamary

tinamary PetForums VIP

The dog is a beautiful little jack russel and is escaping all the time. As we live near a busy main road i fear its only a matter of time before something horrid happens to it. I have taken it home a few times now and they have only had it a few weeks.
    They get animals and when the novalty wears off they more or less fend for themselves.
    I posted a few years ago about some rabbits that they got and by the time i tried to get them they were dead in the cage. I was mortified. This time i have taken the cage off them so that hopefully the expense will make them think again.
    Her son told me that they were getting a kitten last year and they needed home for the budgie cos nobody was looking after it. I have found out since that they let it out of the window. GGGGGGURRRRRRR
    I am absolutely sick to death of them. Whatever i say to her she nods her head but i know she is not listening.
    Yes i have some piccys. He is gorgeous.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice