UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know I had huge problems with Cooper when he was 7-18 months old, he changed overnight into a horrible teenager (just after my wonderful boy Sam died) and at one point I almost gave him back to the rescue :eek:
With a lot of support from other Dalmatian owners who told me it would get better, I stuck it out with him, and he has turned into the most wonderful boy :001_wub:

I fell off my horse on Sunday and I've quite badly hurt my ankle and can barely walk, Cooper has stayed very close and quiet, and when I go upstairs he walks next to me and stops every couple of steps so I can put my hand on him and he helps me up the stairs, he does the same coming down as well :001_wub:

Just a I love my puppy dawg post :001_wub:

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Inca was an absolute madam through her teens but was fantastic when I started with mobility probs and had to go in wheelchair. she learnt everything I needed and never left my side and turned into the most loyal, loving dog.

I think some of her behaviour issues weren't helped by the fact I didn't know anywhere near as much as I know now about dog training or understand what she needed regarding mental stimulation.

I think I'm more prepared for the next one! ..famous last words..lol! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
Well done for sticking with him, it's not easy having a delinquent teenager, but it's made all the better when you see wonderful results. He's going to turn out to be one superb dog, because he has someone who makes sure he does.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For all those with terrible teens - it does get better! And they do come out of the other side and still remember the things you taught them as a pup :p :D

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
It does give all of us hope :D. I have a Kevin who although not out of it, I can definitely see some improvement, which I didn't think I would :rolleyes: it just seems never ending when you're dealing with it!

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
Glad you survived and rode it out and can now reap the rewards of a wonderful dog. Although it never seems like it at the time it does get better doesnt it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.