Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My mystery puppy!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Kadgey, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Kadgey

Kadgey PetForums Newbie

Ok I need your help! I have no idea how my new little puppy is going to turn out and need your expert opinions!

Basically to cut a long story short one of my neighbours rescued a litter of puppies from some questionable people who didn't want to look after them when their dog rejected them. They were so cute and we were thinking of getting a dog as I'm home by myself a lot so when my neighbour offered us one we took home the littlest boy. Now according to my neighbour their mother was a wirey haired sandy coloured terrier of some kind (- possibly lakeland) but these puppies are smooth haired, all totally black and we have been told their father was a sproker or something. So you see these puppies are a bit of a mystery!

When I've been out and about holding him people always ask me if he's a staffy or a lab. He does look a lot like a lab but then I do think he looks like a spaniel!! I'll post a pic so you guys can maybe help me out!!! We've named him Tyson as a bit of a joke because hes teeny but fearless!

I'll look forward to hearing what you think hes going to turn out like!!

Attached Files:

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Oh this is easy, I know exactly what breed he is...... he is a pedigree one of a kind Cutey-Pie:D:D

3. charlie9009

charlie9009 PetForums Senior

I'm afraid I'm no good at guessing dog breeds, but I just wanted to say he's gorgeous! And well done to your friend for taking them on! :)

4. Kadgey

Kadgey PetForums Newbie

Aww thats true! Kinda had that one worked out on my own tho! hehe!

5. Cavalierlover123

Cavalierlover123 PetForums VIP

I think Tyson looks like a lab! gorgeous by the way!! :001_wub:

6. sammyben

sammyben Guest

I agree that he looks like he has some lab in him...gorgeous, whatever he is :D xx

7. mag&me

mag&me PetForums Junior

Golly, he's a darling. My first reaction was lab crossed with something or other.

100% Bitsa I'd say.

8. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

He is gorge! looks like a lab to me:D:D

9. clairescunny55

clairescunny55 PetForums Member

aww he is beautiful!! xx

10. amy trotters mum

amy trotters mum PetForums Newbie

Hi there! Welcome to the land of puppy puddles and pebbles!;)
    He does look to have a bit of spaniel in there somewhere, but x breeds are fab! Theyre like a kinder surprise on legs! "Lifes like a box o chocolates- you never know what your'e gonna get!" :)
    Mine was the runt of the litter and christened ugly baby but she showed everyone at Scruffts tho! Have loads of fun with him, he looks a little darlin!

11. Kadgey

Kadgey PetForums Newbie

Thanks guys, hes a lot of fun. Just at a stage where he just wants to chew everything. He's fine on furniture and things he just wants to chew arms, legs, fingers and feet!!! Oh and clothing!!

12. sammyben

sammyben Guest

How old is he? Sorry if you have mentioned already :D

x

13. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

aww bless so cute, he looks like lab to me, just so gorgeous,

14. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

He is so cute! The first two pics look very lab, but the 3rd pic looks very terrier.
    Look forward to pics of him growing up!

x

15. Kadgey

Kadgey PetForums Newbie

He's just six weeks I think but the family who originally had him weren't sure - they were not nice people at all. Can't wait to get his shots over with so we can tire him out on some walks in the sun!!

Its not just the pics if you saw him in real life its the same, from one angle he looks total lab, then when hes chewing or has his mouth open he looks more terrierish, then when you see him close up his nose is all wrinkled like a spaniel. I'm really looking forward to seeing how hes going to turn out! The thing is those his mother was quite smallish, and apparently his dad wasn't all that big, but he looks like he's heading that way! I'm starting to wonder what I've let myself in for!!

16. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Aww he's so beautiful.:001_wub::001_wub::001_wub::001_wub:

17. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Yes I know what you mean. We got a Bichon puppy last Friday night and we took her to the vets on Monday for her second injection and the vet said she can go out next Monday - can't wait.:D

18. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

spaniel and lab definetly, cant see terrier, whatever he is he's gorgeous.;):)

19. reddogs

reddogs PetForums Senior

He's gorgeous :) all squidgy

This is our lab cross at 12 weeks

1999 - Poppy new puppy (7).jpg

so I think yours has a bit of that look but his nose is a bit shorter, more terrier/spaniel

be lovely to watch him grow and see what you get :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice