UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mum took two of my dogs out for a walk this morning along Leeds-Liverpool canal as we all often do........its usually a lovely walk but this morning my poor mum found a dead SBT or SBT type.....it was laid on the edge of the grass my mum rung the RSPCA they took the details and said someone would go collect it they told my mum she could go and they would find it.....my mum insisted on staying with the dog the RSPCA arrived they told my mum they often find dead dogs on the canal as its a common place for dog fighting...the RSPCA took the dog away my mum said the dog was in a bad state......my mum isnt really an animal person but this has really upset her she has asked if she can pay for the dog to be cremated and scatter the ashes somewhere.......I think i must be so naive or just thick as i didnt think this type of thing would happen so close to home....my mum is waiting for the RSPCA to call her....:( :(

·
Banned
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be honest im not sure if they will allow it not sure what they do with things like this......what i find worrying is if this happens often why is nobody doing anything about it??......:mad:

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
oh that is just so awful, your poor mom, it must have been awful for her to find the dog, then be told by RSPCA it happens quite often, how shocking.:(
thinking of you all

·
Banned
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Omg that poor dog Hope your mum's ok! There's more dog fighting going on than we ever get to no about:mad:. Badger baiting still happen's alot:mad:
I think it has shocked my mum.....she goes mad with me for having so many pets though she has been fantastic with them over the weekend.To be honest i thought dog fighting hardly went on anymore......and its sad to hear badger baiting still goes on :mad:
I just dont understand what pleasure anyone could get out of watching two dogs fight the RSPCA said there is often lots of money involved which makes it worse :mad: :mad:

·
Banned
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh that is just so awful, your poor mom, it must have been awful for her to find the dog, then be told by RSPCA it happens quite often, how shocking.:(
thinking of you all
OMG how awful! hope your mum is okay michelle:(xxx
Thank you...i wouldnt mind but all weekend my mum has moaned about "the bloody dogs!!"all weekend but in a joking way not serious and then this morning she said she felt better with all the walking she had done and how much she had got out with the dogs and Jack and Brogan and had secretly enjoyed herself!!!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Oh how sad! Where was the owner huh ?!:mad: What a kind woamn your mother was aye to stay with the dog!

xxx

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Aww that must have been terrible sight to see..:( I am afraid it will haunt your mum for a while petal xxx even thou shes not a dog person ..xx

Really is terrible to hear of this sad new i really hope it wasent used for dog fighting!...:mad:

·
Banned
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh how sad! Where was the owner huh ?!:mad: What a kind woamn your mother was aye to stay with the dog!

xxx
My mum was quite cross as she said the RSPCA man was rough with the dog and shovelled it up and put it in a plastic bag my mum now wants to complain!!!!i dont really know what my mum thought they would do with the poor dog....
As for the owner well im guessing he went home as his dog obviously lost the fight and the dog was now worthless to him.....i know nothing about dog fighting and i know the dog will of suffered terribly but i just hope the poor dog wasnt left dying long......:(

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
My mum was quite cross as she said the RSPCA man was rough with the dog and shovelled it up and put it in a plastic bag my mum now wants to complain!!!!i dont really know what my mum thought they would do with the poor dog....
As for the owner well im guessing he went home as his dog obviously lost the fight and the dog was now worthless to him.....i know nothing about dog fighting and i know the dog will of suffered terribly but i just hope the poor dog wasnt left dying long......:(
It is awful sad and a story like this is full of If onlys, but now the dog is in a better world at rainbow bridge and its poor little life isnt being treated badly anymore.:( We just thank your mum for trying to do her best for the dog and i hope we dont hear a story like this ofr a long long time.]
xxx

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
thats horribly sad. i dont know what id do if i found a dead dog, id be so upset.

having also had dealings with the rspca after finding an injured animal, i was not happy about the way they handled the situation when they got there. didnt even get a thank you for waiting with the animal for 2hours until they got there...

·
Banned
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Well my mum has spoken to the RSPCA they have "no use"(their words)for the dog....it wasnt chipped......they have said they will probably not catch the owner....they wont even tell my mum if its a bitch or a dog.......the RSPCA have said they cant give my mum the dog as by law it can not leave their building but they will dispose of the dog "their way" and my mum is more than welcome to give a donation!!!! my mum is fuming and is now contacting the police!!!

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Well my mum has spoken to the RSPCA they have "no use"(their words)for the dog....it wasnt chipped......they have said they will probably not catch the owner....they wont even tell my mum if its a bitch or a dog.......the RSPCA have said they can give my mum the dog as by law it can not leave their building but they will dispose of the dog "their way" and my mum is more than welcome to give a donation!!!! my mum is fuming and is now contacting the police!!!
Thats terrible....My veiw of them are going down hill everytime..:mad:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Oh dear, i walk along this canal and the route that the canal takes through those rough areas im not suprised dog fighting goes on there. They tend to leave me and my dogs alone as even their fighting dogs wouldnt stand a chance with something 3 times their size. RIP little doggy, i think i would have been completely distraught. A dead dog is classed as waste and the police wont do a thing.

Louise

·
Banned
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Im actually confused by my mum as this isnt my mum that moans at me for taking in animals goes mad as our house is always full of mad dogs,goes mad when she comes and leaves covered in dog hair,went mad the other day when Brogan bathed her pony in our front garden.....im really not laughing at her but she has really taken this to heart.... i think its the fact she actually found the dog and my mum thinks people will have walked past it this morning and just left it there and not done anything....
I dont think she will rest until she feels she has done all she can......

·
Banned
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh dear, i walk along this canal and the route that the canal takes through those rough areas im not suprised dog fighting goes on there. They tend to leave me and my dogs alone as even their fighting dogs wouldnt stand a chance with something 3 times their size. RIP little doggy, i think i would have been completely distraught. A dead dog is classed as waste and the police wont do a thing.

Louise
I often walk along the canal and have never seen anything the RSPCA actually said its common and if they are too busy street cleaning just come and remove the dog which seems to me that the RSPCA are doing nothing to stop this!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.