Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My missing cat is home, what now?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by slavetorobbie, Apr 24, 2011.

1. slavetorobbie

slavetorobbie PetForums Member

Robbie disappeared on Monday and after six days of trawling the streets, asking neighbours, posting flyers and crying, we had a call this afternoon saying he may be in someone's garden. Not expecting much, I went along and low and behold, my (ever so skinny) little boy was there! I think he was stuck somewhere as he has lost a lot of weight but other than that and being a little nervous, he is ok.
    I have given him food and water, we are keeping quiet and calm and right now he is in his bed having a snooze. As he is not injured or ill I am waiting until tomorrow to see a vet but is there anything I ought to be doing in the meantime? I won't be letting him outside, although he has asked, the cheeky devil!
    I am so pleased to see him, I was beginning to lose hope after six sleepless night and worry filled days. I can't even say how relieved I am but obviously I want to do what's best now and I'm not sure.

2. Erzs

Erzs PetForums Member

Firstly, I'm really happy to hear you found your cat. I love a good ol' success story! :p

Secondly, I think you're doing everything you can. Just continue to keep an eye on him but if all seems well it most likely is. I'm not sure how easily you'll get him into a vet tomorrow, will it be emergencies only being a bank holiday?

3. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

I would keep him confined to one room for 48 hours so he gets lots of rest, bland food is best as his tum may be a bit sensitive after going without for a while - small amounts but often. Water available all the time.

Vets on Tuesday unless you have reason to suspect anything is *wrong* - you know your cat so that is your judgement. if so emergency vets.

Keep him totally indoors for at least 2 weeks so he relearns that this is home and where he is to return to if you are letting him out again. Preferabely keep him in 3 weeks if you can.

When he is being let back out - let him out hungry and call him back after 10 mins to some food, next day give him 15 mins and so on, working up to him going out for a couple hours at a time.

so so so glad he's home! yay and tell him to behave in future!

4. Amin

Amin PetForums VIP

Well, You need to show us some pics on The Naughty one. :). So Glad you got him back and a check up at vets to make sure he,s ok. Great news for you.

5. Ally-Kats

Ally-Kats PetForums VIP

That's great news now lets hope the other missing kitties come home :)

6. bindiboo

bindiboo PetForums Junior

The power of positive thinking, just after reading this reply I heard Cookie bell and nearly dropped my laptop.

She is safely back and has just had a big feed. She smells of damp so I think shes been stuck in a shed/garage again.

PHEW!!!!!!

Now passing on the positive thoughts, hoping that all the lost kittys make their way safely home.

7. sskmick

sskmick PetForums VIP

Its the time of year where cats can and do fall asleep in open sheds and greenhouses and be stuck for a week or so.

I'm so pleased the cats have found their way home - brilliant. :D

I can't add to the advise already been given in this thread.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice