Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My Maine Coon kitty

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by kimdkus, Jul 14, 2009.

1. kimdkus

kimdkus PetForums Newbie

I adopted my maine coon cat from my dad and she was extremely fat. So bad that she could hardly walk across the room. She has lot a lot of weight since then, but we still have a long way to go. The problem is she has a hard time cleaning her bottom and rubs her butt across the floor. The vet said she would need her anal glands emptied, which we do once a month, plus she also is able to empty them on her own. He also shaves her area. But kitty still rubs her butt across the floor. I always encourage her when I see her licking her area, and discourage her rubbing her butt. I also clean her with sensitive skin baby wipes. what else can I do for her to teach her to clean her butt? I'm tired of always having to wash the carpet. Any ideas?

thanks.

kim

2. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

this might be a completely obvious answer but when was the cat last wormed by the vets, i rescued a cat that did that and it had them

FREE SPIRIT likes this.
  3. kimdkus

kimdkus PetForums Newbie

that's a wonderful question. the vet checks her each month, but I'll ask him about next time we go in. thanks.

kim

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice