Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

my lovely spaniel sally

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by amber bamber, Aug 10, 2009.

1. amber bamber

amber bamber PetForums Newbie

i lost my lovely spaniel sally nearly two years ago. she was the most sweetest springer ever. i had to have her put down at the age of twelve because her arthritus got so bad she was having trouble walking. i know it was the kindest thing to do but it was so hard.i was with her while she drew her last breath and was so glad i was. life was extremelly hard after she'd gone and i couldn't stop bursting into tears. fortunately we still had our other dog taz our jack russel, he did help. anyway i thought i would share with others what happened about 2 weeks after sal's death which really helped me cope with it. i woke up in the middle of the night after a really vivid dream about me and sal walking in this lovely big field and guess what she was running again. we sat together for a short time on the top of a hill and my dream ended. i feel this dream was to tell me all was well with her on the other side and it really comforted me. has anyone else experienced anything like this.:wink5:

2. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

We lost our springer whisper 4 years ago a day after her 11th Birthday. She went in to have a mamary lump removed and after doing x-rays they noticed her lungs were full of tumors. They said that its best for her to be put to sleep. she was already asleep so she didnt know any different.

It was the worst thing ever. We all grew up with her and she was the most loving dog ever. we had kaydee our other springer and she helped us cope loads and now we have 6 dogs.

None of them will ever replace whisper x

3. amber bamber

amber bamber PetForums Newbie

other dogs certainly do help.we now have taz and molly our blue roan cocker spaniel, she reminds me of sal so much and taz has a another soul mate.:D

4. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

We have 2 springers. Kaydee and Storm another springer. Storm looks sooo much like Whisper

We have a labby and a golden retriever and just got 2 cocker spaniel puppies. A blue roan and tan and a chocolate and tan so they all keep us busy

5. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Awww sorry about your spaniel. yes I did have a simular thing happen, one of my oldies had trouble walking just before he died, the night he was put tp sleep I dreamt about him, I could see someone walking him in a field and I actually shouted out, be careful he has bad legs! it was so real.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice