UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
I also see some peach tones which might be what's making the kitten look slightly brown now and then.

This is my dark silver tabby with peach. Might end up looking like this but on a diluted scale because your kitten is blue.

G

·
Yeh he has got peach tones but thought only torti cats had them not tabbys
My tabby's mum was a tortie so that's where he got his orange from. But it very much is just a tint to where he would be white. He doesn't have any orange stripes or spots or blotches. It's mainly around his chin and neck, and he has an almost orange belly. But everywhere else he's just a lovely dark tabby.

·
Registered
14,011 Posts
the joys of the camera, looks silver in the first 2 photos to me but then brown in the last photo.

you can have male kittens with an orange tinge to the coat, but they are not classed as torties.

when i first started breeding i could swear i had a brown tabby boy then at 6 weeks old he turned into a lovely silver tabby, after this i waited until the kittens was 9 weeks old before i confirmed colours.
beautiful boy though, whatever colour he is.:)

G

·
Same cat as above (Toddler Pants) when he was a newborn. Not a hint of peach and a perfectly white chin.

In fact, that little white dot you can see on his chin is called his Gryffy snip. He and his brother Phoenix (long haired complete ginger) both have one, but they only developed them AFTER their brother Gryffin was knocked down and killed on the road. Neither Satyr not Phoenix were born with it, but Gryffin had one from very young. It's like their way of remembering him :)
Also, both their personalities changed. Satyr stopped lowering his back and slinking away when you stroked him and instead now gives the intense lovies Gryffin used to, and Phoenix is the smartest, problem solving cat ever. He used to be thick as two short planks and only Gryffin could open cupboards etc, but Phoeny adopted that part of him. It's so nice he lives on via his brothers :)

Sorry, I've rambled on a bit there haven't I!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.