Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My kitten possibly has a Portosystemic shunt (liver shunt)..experiences anyone?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by VixB, Mar 26, 2011.

1. VixB

VixB PetForums Junior

I posted a few days ago about my concerns about my 6 month old kitten only weighing 2lbs. We've been to the vets today and he is sending her for tests, he thinks she may have a liver shunt :( I'm so upset and worried. She hasnt gained any weight at all in the last 3 months. Of course I've been googling all day and its really not good at all. She is going in on Monday for a bile acid test and various other blood tests are going to be done then too. I'm trying (not very well!) to stay positive as she isn't displaying any of the other symptons at all and otherwise appears healthy and lively! He did say it could possibly be that she is a dwarf so I'm hoping and praying that this is the outcome.

Does anyone have any experiences of a shunt in their cat? I'd really like to hear other peoples experiences, good and bad.

Thank you in advance :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice