Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My kitten’s ear

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Roxanne Williams, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Roxanne Williams

Roxanne Williams PetForums Newbie

E11FBA82-4134-4092-9B2A-4A0E9F83C53A.jpeg 90FE54AE-100A-421D-8CC2-64FEC974761B.jpeg 90FE54AE-100A-421D-8CC2-64FEC974761B.jpeg My poor 3 month old Bengal boy has developed a red/pink coloured ear (redness only starts halfway up his ear) that is drooping a bit. Only noticed it this morning, called the vet who is closed for appointments until Monday. They said it didn’t sound serious enough for an emergency but I’m so worried! It’s definitely tender because he pulls away and shakes his head if I touch it. Poor thing :(.
    Anyone seen anything like this before?

2. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

Ouch, it could be an injury but best to get it checked as soon as you can. If you have other cats it may just be from a small scuffle, but it's good to show the vet as soon as possible, in case it's anything more serious.

3. Roxanne Williams

Roxanne Williams PetForums Newbie

Yeah I’m hoping that’s what it is! I do have another older bigger kitten and the two of them roughhouse play all the time. It does seem a bit better today but I’ll definitely be taking him to the vets tomorrow to make sure

Treaclesmum likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice