UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took Kira out on a run, got a BMX today (wanna get back into racing) so it was the perfect excuse to use her racing harness for the 1st time :thumbup:

She was a bit of a turd in the park, pulling towards the trees and bushes instead of staight ahead cus she wanted to sniff, but we run along the paths on the way home for about 5 minutes and she was soo good!! didnt stop to sniff, if she looked like she was going to I said 'on by' and she focused again, and she responded to my left and right commands :D she even listened to me saying 'easy' (slow down) :eek: :thumbup:

She ran all the way from the park to our back gate without trying to go in the roads or stopping to sniff!! :D So pleased!!

Keep up like this and she'll defiantely be ready for this race season :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aww.... that's ace! Kira sounds like she's loads of fun!
:)
She's a bit mad lol

She's a working husky so was very happy to be able to get out in harness, its been too hot here recently but its not too bad tonight, still didnt go out for too long tho, just going to start short regular runs to get her into condition :D

·
Registered
14,973 Posts
Awwww -is super jealous- Can we trade dogs? :lol: I promise maya's real easy she just sleeps all day and only wants 5 minuet walks :thumbup:

I think Rusty would be good for this sort of thing, I'm not sure all how to go about it though :eek: there was a section on a mal forum but I can't focus enough to read it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sounds like fun! I remember when I first starting biking with my dog. She thought it would be smart to stop right in the middle of a gallop - which resulted in a spectacular fall over handle bars; right in front of a rather good looking guy who asked if I was ok, while preaching about proper dog training.. However, practice makes wonder :D

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like fun! I remember when I first starting biking with my dog. She thought it would be smart to stop right in the middle of a gallop - which resulted in a spectacular fall over handle bars; right in front of a rather good looking guy who asked if I was ok, while preaching about proper dog training.. However, practice makes wonder :D
EPIC FAIL!!! :lol: :lol:

Dont worry... its happened to all of us :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awwww -is super jealous- Can we trade dogs? :lol: I promise maya's real easy she just sleeps all day and only wants 5 minuet walks :thumbup:

I think Rusty would be good for this sort of thing, I'm not sure all how to go about it though :eek: there was a section on a mal forum but I can't focus enough to read it.
If you can run he'd probs be good at cani-x, if not, get yourself a bike, and an x back or H back harness from somewhere like snowpawstore or culpeppers, and a 1 dog line with a bungee (to stop him hurting himself when pulling), hook him up, get someone to run away from you calling him and tell him to 'hike'

teach him left, right, on by (leave that cat, dog, bush etc lol), easy (slow down) and whoa (stop) on regular walks

Keep an eye on organisations like SHCGB, BSHRA and ABSA, for open rallies, these are the only ones rusty could enter

·
Registered
14,973 Posts
If you can run he'd probs be good at cani-x, if not, get yourself a bike, and an x back or H back harness from somewhere like snowpawstore or culpeppers, and a 1 dog line with a bungee (to stop him hurting himself when pulling), hook him up, get someone to run away from you calling him and tell him to 'hike'

teach him left, right, on by (leave that cat, dog, bush etc lol), easy (slow down) and whoa (stop) on regular walks

Keep an eye on organisations like SHCGB, BSHRA and ABSA, for open rallies, these are the only ones rusty could enter
Ah, nice. He's a big puller and pulls like a mally he enjoys running so always thought it'd be a good thing for him.

He's quick to pick up things also (I think the springer in him helps).

I'll google into those some more, I know there's rally about but never know where.

I wish I could get Maya to do something, even when I run she'll just trot or walk at a fast pace :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah, nice. He's a big puller and pulls like a mally he enjoys running so always thought it'd be a good thing for him.

He's quick to pick up things also (I think the springer in him helps).

I'll google into those some more, I know there's rally about but never know where.

I wish I could get Maya to do something, even when I run she'll just trot or walk at a fast pace :rolleyes:
if you get rusty into it maybe hooking them up together will get her moving

·
Registered
14,973 Posts
me thinks you have a very weird mally.... :blink: :lol:
I think so also, she's the size of a borer collie and I have yet to find a lazier dog that her. She'll get fed up on walks sometimes and WALK herself home, I have to watch her :lol: this is a reason why I have no issues letting her off lead because when she wanders off it's about snails pace.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.