UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal of a husky pup to still have floppy ears at 9 weeks? Every pup I've seen has erect ears but demon looks more like a collie at the moment lol. His ears started to go up but this morning they flop over again :s

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Some dogs take longer to sort themselves than others :p my OHs whippets ears used to fold backwards for a while until they sorted themselves out :p Do you have any photos of Demon? :D

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahh i see lol just wondered if it was normal! they stick up from his head but the tips flop over so he now looks like a collie! he seems to have changed breed over night :p

Yes i have lots, i will post some up in a sec :)

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Indie arrived here with one ear up and one down, a few days later they swapped, a few days later they both popped up but the very tips kept folding down when she was tired!! Both are well and truly up now though :)
I love pups with floppy ears, please put a piccie or two up :D

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Here are some pics!

Bless him he looks like he trying to check them out himself in that photo. :D

Can remember my nan being very upset when one of her JRT ears flopped wrong after a swim and took a couple of days to go back to normal

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha i know!

this was the day we got him in that one so his ears were floppier, the one of him laying down with my other dog behind him is when they started sticking up more but they have flopped back down again!

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
Is it normal of a husky pup to still have floppy ears at 9 weeks? Every pup I've seen has erect ears but demon looks more like a collie at the moment lol. His ears started to go up but this morning they flop over again :s
They have still got time to come up, some lines the ears come up sooner then others. Nanuqs were still down when I first saw her at 11 weeks, and still partially down at 12 weeks when she came home. You may even find that they will literally go up and come up and go down again to various degrees, it often happens when they are teething especially on the same side.

There are occasional situations where they dont come up I know of a Malamute whos never did, it can be a fault, but I wouldnt be panicking yet, they still have plenty of time.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Not exactly a husky but Pixie's ears never sorted themselves out and she's a year and a half so I don't hold too much hope :rolleyes5: Not that I mind.

My mum has a Northern Inuit which from memory are quite close to huskies and I think her ears took quite a while to sort themselves out too. :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.