UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Shunra Oriental Cats
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This photo is (from the left) Benny (caramel point siamese), Lola (Oriental blue) and Max (oriental black). Benny & Lola will be 8 months old on the 20th Nov. Max is 5 1/2 and weights 5kg - Benny is just about the same at 8 months!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
They are gorgeous, I thought our Taylor was a big girl at 6.5lbs and she is 6 months but your boy is massive, how do you do it?
I'm quite worried about our Wispa, we wanted to put her to stud on her next call but she is only 6lbs at twelve months old.
What do you feed your cats to get them to grow big? We give ours RC dry and Whiskas wet, they eat a lot and have 3 meals per day but Wispa is so small.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Thankyou Sara, we will give raw feeding a go. is there any raw food which they can't have and what is the best to buy for them as they have never had raw before? :)

·
Shunra Oriental Cats
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
He was simply the biggest kitten in the litter and has never looked back. He eats James Wellbeloved kitten biscuits and Felix pouches, likes mince when I have some for them.

He is so cuddly and affectionate - except lying across my throat at night isn't good!

BTW she was the smallest, there were 7, and mum raised them all no problem. I've had Lola gene tested and she carries cinnamon which is great as my ambition is Havanas, lilacs, cinnamons and fawns. :)

·
Shunra Oriental Cats
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not sure that feeding RAW would make them grow bigger - thought final size was very much genetically determined. My girls both love raw chicken wings which are great for their teeth.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Thanks Sara, I will have a look at that.

Oriental slave I'll try ours on the raw chicken wings next time we go shopping, thanks for that.

·
Shunra Oriental Cats
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't be surprised if they won't eat them! If you are going to roast a chicken, just snip off the wingtips before cooking it and see if they like them. If they do then trying a pack of wings beckons. Minnie has fabulous teeth, very clean, and her breath is odourless unless she's just been eating cat food. That's really why I give them to her, it's far cheaper and better for her than a dental. She is so determined to get them she will try to jump in the fridge!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Sounds great, nice to know that it keeps their teeth in good condition too, can't wait to try mine on them now, thanks for the advice. I'll let you know how we get on.:)

·
Registered
8,183 Posts
The boys make Lola look tiny. Beautiful cats :001_wub:

Not sure that feeding RAW would make them grow bigger - thought final size was very much genetically determined.
I know breeders who once they switched to raw their kittens were much bigger than previous wet/dry fed litters.
No idea how they ended up but the time they were at the breeders they were larger.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Just to let you know I bought some chicken wings as you had recommended, most of the cats love them, the only one which doesn't seem to like them is Wispa...the one we want to grow bigger and stronger!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.