Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My home built viv

Discussion in 'Snakes' started by PoisonGirl, Oct 3, 2013.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

So I managed to aquire a 3x4ft viv, massive. Too big for my livingroom. It came with no glass so I was going to sell it. Then I realised I had a 2.5ft glass tank going to the tip as the bottom pane was cracked right down the middle....

So I began the mammoth task of removing all the silicone from the tank (boring job!!!).

And measuring the viv to cut it down into a 4ft wide one.

I had to get my papa to cut the two larger pieces of glass down, and I had to get a guy in homebase to machine cut the two front panels but the rest, I did ALL by myself :D :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once Dusty is bigger she will get the whole 4ft to herself, Sid will have my spare 2ft viv until he is bigger and by then I will have moved to a bigger house so be able to have a stack of 4ft vivs along one wall :)

2. Bellasmaid

Bellasmaid PetForums Senior

That is a lovely set-up. My other half decided we didn't need a chest of drawers so converted that into a 3 tier stack

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice