Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My hens have gone.....

Discussion in 'Poultry Chat' started by Pampered pets, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Pampered pets

Pampered pets PetForums Senior

I had to rehome four of my hens today :( they just got to noisey from half four until 9ish am i used to have to stand in the garden with them at 6 am to try keep them quiet and it was taking its toll getting up three and four times from 4.30 onwards.

luckily i found a fantastic home, they have a huge sectioned off bit of garden which is as big as my garden, its got grass, soil and climbing frames to perch on and trees to shade under its fantastic, i was upset but i still have two as i thoguht they woudl be a bit quieter and they are virtually house hens but six was to many to have in the house all day long.

I saved them from the slaughter house 6 weeks ago, they were battery hens so they have a fab life now, just wish i hadnt had to let them go :(

2. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

Dont beat your self up petal ...you did good in saving them pat your self on the back..;)

and now thye have a good home xxx

3. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

sounds like they've got a fantastic home now, well done!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice