Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My hairdresser ruined my hair.... SO upset :( :(

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tigerneko, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I was getting it done today for my interview on monday cos it'd faded and gone all orangey

So I picked out a really nice deep red colour, I usually have a slightly more vibrant red but thought i'd pick a deeper one that would be more acceptable to potential employers :p

So my hairdresser mixed it up, put it on my hair and she went "oh i mixed a bit of purple in too" so I was like ".....right" and this was after she'd slapped it all on my head :(

Anyway, lord knows how much purple she mixed in, but my hair has gone from the nice deep red it was supposed to be into a horrible purpley black with a few nasty brownish looking bits in it :( :( :(

and it gets worse!!

I have stripes in my fringe, like a raccoons tail, so I asked her to re-do that, but because it came out the purpley black colour and the stripes were red and black, she decided to put more red back over it to make them look more obvious. So she put a LOT of red on, and now my fringe is like postbox red and black striped.... and there's bits of orange in where she's missed it :( :( the black stripes are uneven and the bright red clashes with the nasty purple colour she's put on :( :( :( :(

I told her I had a job interview coming up but she was like "oh they won't mind a bit of bright colour" :( :(

so now my hair is about a million different colours, none of which are the colour I asked for and none of which I like :( :(

she's getting a phone call tomorrow and i'm not willing to pay to have it re-done :(

my stripey hair was like my pride and joy, but it looks a tacky horrible mess now.... and my manager will go nuts at the weekend if I don't get the bright red toned down... never mind my job interview :( :(

2. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

god thats awful! The last time I went to the hairdressers the girl couldnt even cut my hair straight! (& I have long straight hair!). I figured if she couldnt get it right I would do it myself in future and now I do! I think alot of them dont know anything about hair, they just let them loose on "us" to practise!

I would also demand a refund!

3. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I wouldn't have paid her in the first place hun! Completely disgusting, hasn't got a clue what she's doing!!

Isn't there a way a good hairdesser can dye over it? Perhaps a nice mahogany? :(

4. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

She's usually really good :( she did my stripes last time and they looked great, but because she fluffed the colour up, it made the stripes almost impossible to see so she decided to bleach it a bit and then put more red on over it :( I did think when she said about doing more red that my fringe might end up being brighter than the rest of it, but I just kept my gob shut and trusted her cos I didn't think it would really turn out like that :(

Now because my hair is so dark, I don't know how im gonna get it back to red again without her bleaching the lot of my hair and then putting more dye on it, but I could end up losing my bloody hair if it gets bleached and dyed again, it's had loads on it already today :(

I've got very pale skin too, so it's just made me look even worse, my skin is all washed out and horrible looking now :( :(

I'd feel so bad asking for a refund cos she's usually really good and she's such a nice person, I think i'll settle for having it re-done for nothing, I know im too chicken to ask for it done free though :( but since she's a nice person, she might do it free anyway since it's not turned out how I asked :( I just can't believe how red it's gone on my fringe, it's so bright... it just looks tacky and ugly :(

5. shortbackandsides

shortbackandsides PetForums VIP

you need to ask to speak to the manager,they should correct it foc:)

6. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

I would call the hairdressers and ask to talk to the manager,and put in an official complaint about the hairdresser who did your hair,also take a picture in case you have to take legal action,there is no way you should have to pay ,you should be paid damages money from them,
    Good luck with your interview.

7. foxxy cleopatra

foxxy cleopatra PetForums VIP

omg! that sounds terrifying! ive only have one person who cuts my hair, since i was like 12 lol. i dont trust anyone else!

8. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

I would make an complaint aswell, She might be nice but shes put alot of crap on your hair and as you said its not going to take much more before it gets really damaged :(

They should do it for free me being me would refuse to move until the redid it for free.

They can use a colour stripper but you may not be able to dye your hair for a little while and use alot of protective things on it

Hope they can sort it for you

9. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

The lady that did my hair is the manager :( :(

I feel so terrible going back and asking for it to be done again, but there's no way on earth i'll get away with it at work, they're very strict about appearance and stuff, i've been told off for wearing too much eyeliner before now (although it was Amy Winehouse style so maybe they had a point LOL)

I might tell her that I went into work this evening and I got sent home until it was sorted out, that might make her do something about it :rolleyes:

10. alyssa_liss

alyssa_liss PetForums VIP

well ..... you should let me do your hair if you was near me lol
    but imo she was way outta line changing the colour before she even ask you .

sometimes we have to mix up colours when we have ran out of another but its easy to do so clients cant tell the diference. i would rng up first thing tomorrow morning and say that you are not happy ,

she shouldnt of let you leave if it was that bad , she should sort it even if work are fine with it as its not what you want .

you can do something called a bleach wash , but it does dry your hair out , it basically strips the colour out of your hair , so it will go ginger ..... but then you could put a nice rich darkish brown on it and it would be lighter than it is now ,

it is a faff to do but they should do it as its there fault

i would rather people tell me they dont like their hair and ill fix it than you never come back again

if she has an attitude with you id change hairdressers

pm me a pic and ill tell you what id do

Tigerneko likes this.
  11. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

if she is a nice person like you say she is, then she shouldnt have a problem fixing it for you. if you always go to her, she wont want to lose you as a client.

and it should defo be done for free.

12. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Thankyou :) i'll PM it to you in a sec, just need to resize it :)

I might post one on here in a minute.... one with what it was meant to look like, and one with what it came out like :(

13. alyssa_liss

yep before and after please :)

14. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

sent :D

I'll post it on here in a bit, i've calmed down a bit now... I wish I could say that i'm starting to see the funny side but then I realise it's on my head and it stops being funny :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

15. alyssa_liss

pmed you back , would be easier to explain to your face lol

16. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

17. turkeylad

turkeylad PetForums VIP

Post a pic we cannot judge properly without a pic!!!

18. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

hmm okay then :)

I'll post the ones I sent to Alyssa....

This is what it is SUPPOSED to look like....

[​IMG]
    A couple of days after I first had it done - one nice dark, even red with chunky, equal sized black stripes. Camera makes it look purple but I can assure you it was red :)

This is what I got today:

[​IMG]
    :( again, the camera doesn't show it very well. The main colour is very dark - it's like a plum colour, and the bright colour at the front is postbox red with bits of orange through it, along the joins between the red and black (which is also very washed out) :(

....and i've just seen my mum's car pull up on the front street, time to show her whats happened :eek:

19. turkeylad

turkeylad PetForums VIP

demand a refund compensation and threaten to sue them!! make a real issue about your job interview and dont be fobbed off by them.

20. alyssa_liss

You don't need to threaten to sue them lol unless they won't sort it out which they will do :) don't worry you could come visit me lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice