Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

my green thumbed ness lol

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by shells, Apr 25, 2011.

1. shells

shells PetForums VIP

well im normaly moaning lol so thoughed id be happy for a change:D
    i am well pleased with myself. i have gotten myself a 4 1/2 metere polytunnel greenhouse as the one i had last year got destroyd. and so far my peas,brocoli,leeks,toms,strawberries,peppers,apple tree,grape vine have all started to sprout :) my rubarb was huge untill me chooks found it now its no more lol i also have carrots,potatoes and beetrouts :D:D
    so with all that and me fresh eggs from me chooks im really happy oh mc shelly had a farm eieiooo lol yeah iv lost the plot :D

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Im so envious of people who can grow things, Ive managed to kill every plant Ive ever owned so Ive given uo now:eek:.

3. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

sounds lovely, I'm to lazy for growing vegies lol.

4. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

I have cultivated a large field of nettles and dandelions. If you would like to come dig them up to start off your own nettle/dandelion field I will gladly trade them in for some grass.

Seriously, how can I stop nettles and dandelions growing where I want grass to grow?

:mad:

5. danielled

danielled Guest

We grow veg two and don't worry I managed to lose my Venus fly trap and nearly lose my gava plant kind of cactus I think probably spelt it wrong

6. shells

shells PetForums VIP

do you really whant to know lol. our garden was full of brambles they were taller than me :mad: had quotes of peeps to have it cut down and for just half the garden they whanted well over 500quid:eek: so i got a pair of loppers and hedge cutters and a rake and shoved me wellies on n literaly jumped in. admitidly i was a mess by the time id done looked like id bn atacked by a dozzen angry cats but hey ho i have a huge garden now:D as for stopping them coming back you have to tackle the roots as there evil and will grow back in any condition. just realised im not sure if a nettle n bramble is the same thing to u lol

7. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

I know the feeling...

[​IMG]

8. shells

shells PetForums VIP

these are some shots from about half way through doing it:D

Attached Files:

• 241.jpg
      241.jpg
      File size:
      137.5 KB
      Views:
    • 238.jpg
      238.jpg
      File size:
      84.7 KB
      Views:
    • 240.jpg
      240.jpg
      File size:
      138.4 KB
      Views:
    • 242.jpg
      242.jpg
      File size:
      77.1 KB
      Views:
  9. shells

shells PetForums VIP

well i must be on a roll lol i have pulled up last years veg beds turned them over and layd a temppatio ready fot tomorrows bbq :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice