Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

my girls due anytime

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by 5 dogs, Mar 27, 2011.

1. 5 dogs

5 dogs PetForums Newbie

my mini schnauzer sophie is expecting her 1st litter anytime, shes day 63 today so really hoping its very soon. on her scan 2 puppies were seen but obviously there might be more and shes huge, i took her back to the vets on friday morning as i was a little concered she lost alot of mucas and was very unsettled but vets said she and puppy were fine and they would be suprised if they didnt see me on monday with the babies...... if nothing has happened by wednesday they said they will do a c section on her as she'll be 65 days. has anybody else had this happen with there dog?

also her temp has started to come down since yesterday after noon but no big drop and no other symtoms???

her temp yesterday at 3.00pm was 37.7.
    at 8.00pm yesterday it was 36.6.

this morning at 8am it was 36.0

so are things going ok?

2. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

I can't say for definite without viewing her and having a feel about but sounds like she's on track to whelp today, tonight or tomorrow.

Most lose mucus anytime from day of mating.... losing mucus is not an indicator of labour.

Make sure whenever she goes out now, that you take her on a lead. Some show absolutely no signs of first stage labour.

3. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

aww how exciting, fingers crossed she has them soon, and there is usually someone on here to talk to if you need any advise, keep us posted good luck.:)

4. shells

shells PetForums VIP

hope they come soon and that mom is ok:)

5. 5 dogs

5 dogs PetForums Newbie

thanks for taking the time to reply, im watching her like a hawk actually i havent left her side since thursday morning ;) i will do her temp again abit later and see what that says....

6. Hb-mini

Hb-mini PetForums VIP

Oh i will be watching this thread! LOVE mini schnauzers! Good luck. Hope all goes ok. xx

7. Devil-Dogz

Devil-Dogz PetForums VIP

Rebecca??? I was wondering why you wasnt at the show on Sat.. Hope all goes well with your wee one, I shall be looking for updates ;)

8. 5 dogs

5 dogs PetForums Newbie

devil dogz whats your real name????? ;) yes i couldnt possibly leave her just incase! i think things might be happening...shes grunting abit and keeps looking at her back end....fingers crossed its tonight xxx

9. Devil-Dogz

Devil-Dogz PetForums VIP

Kerry also with the CCs - Fingers crossed, She really is massive..It sounds like shes not long off :D

10. 5 dogs

5 dogs PetForums Newbie

hi kerry was guted i missed uk toy but didnt feel right leaving her with my mum just incase ;)

11. Devil-Dogz

Devil-Dogz PetForums VIP

Yes always best to stay with them! You will have to keep us updated - Looking at the piccies I would say she has more than two more like four!

12. 5 dogs

5 dogs PetForums Newbie

yes she does look very big if theres only 2..but who knows. been back to vets again this morning with her as nothing has happened really, her temp was 35.8 and shes very quiet so maybe its coming....... vets were happy with her and the puppys heartbeats on the scan was good....

by wednesday they will do a section as she will be 65 days if nothing is progressing, is this something that is quite common? my friends and mentors havent experienced a section that is done because the bitch is overdue? anybody on here?

13. Emmastace

Emmastace PetForums VIP

No experience. Just wanted to say good luck and let us know of all developments x

14. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

my bitch whelped on day 65 but it was also day 63 from her second tie, day 65 from the first.

How many ties did she have?

15. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

It depends whether its 63 days from mating or 63 days from ovulation.

If she went over from ovulation date, i would be really worried, and my vet does c sections on 64 days post ovulation. I always progsterone test for this reason as counting the days from mating can be so different. There is an 8 day window when counting from 1 mating (she could have mated up to 5 days pre ovulation to 3 days post ovulation)

16. 5 dogs

5 dogs PetForums Newbie

thanks, she had 2 matings both resulting in a long tie with a day between them x

17. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

so from the second tie what day is she on?

and i hope it all goes well and soon for you both! x

18. 5 dogs

5 dogs PetForums Newbie

shes 63 days todat from her 1st and 61 days from her second. my mentor came round last night to see her and thinks she must of got pregnant on the second mating so still has a few days to go..... shes not eaten her breakfast this morning.....

19. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

I keep checking back to this post, its so exciting, good luck, cant wait,:D

20. tillywink

tillywink Banned

Any sign of the pups arriving yet??

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice