Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

My Giant Snail droped floor accidently

Discussion in 'Insects , Snails and other exotic pets' started by asliberil, Sep 14, 2018.

1. asliberil

asliberil PetForums Newbie

Hi,
    My 6 months Giant African Snail droped floor . Her front shell broke little piece. She is walking in aquarium for now. But i'm wondering my Giant Snail can be die. She secreted so much mucus and there is a hole like a window as shown in image. The hole is openning and closing like breathing while she is walking. Is it normal? Will my snail die? I'm so anxious about this situation.

Please somebody answer my question. I'm crying so far.

[​IMG]

2. Leanne77

Leanne77 PetForums VIP

It's a bit difficult to tell but there doesnt seem to be too much damage there. Just make sure you provide lots of cuttlefish and hopefully it will repair.

3. XKirsten90x

XKirsten90x PetForums Newbie

The hole is where she breathes from im sure? Been reading anything i can find on snail shell breaks today and breaking their shell near the front seems to be much more likely to heal from what ive read.. hope she is ok!

4. Leanne77

Leanne77 PetForums VIP

If the OP is referring to that big hole then yes, thats their breathing hole. I looked a bit further up and saw what looked to be some damage where the flesh joins the shell...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice