Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My friends are either just purely selfish or just don't value me as a good friend....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ad_1980, Jul 11, 2009.

1. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Ok so this really takes the biscuit and i am proper annoyed but i'd rather not show how annoyed i am to my friends in case i lose them.

Ok so earlier on in the year i messaged all my friends on facebook - giving them a years notice - chucking the idea of going back to Kenya for my 30th as i haven't been back since i was 13 and i want to go back

I thought great idea for my 30th. do my friends agree. No. 'oh we are so poor and kenya is so expensive' Poor my ass!

One of my friends decides to book a trip to Kenya with her b/f in August! I'm like wtf? The other books a holiday to go to Tunisia!

So if they are so darn poor why book these holidays at all? Are they just making stupid excuses?

I don't think i'll ever go back :(

2. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

:-( I love my friends, but i've learnt to not rely on them for any plans! Unless something is physically booked and paid for I don't trust anything will ever happen. Why don't you go on your own or with one friend? I want to go back to Canada and Norway, but I won't get any friends or even my OH to go with me, so i plan to either go on my own or maybe with my sister. More likely on my own.

3. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

Well you know its great to have friends but lets face it how many people we know can we say are true friends, really. the ones that are always there when you need them , in good times and bad, that stick up for you etc. Plan to go on your trip and even if it means you go on your own at least you will be doing what you want and makes sure you have plans of places to go and things to do before you go so you wont be wandering around aimlessly.

4. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

p.s i have always said that when my kids are old enough to look after themselves then im doing a year travelling around the world, i plan to go on my own too, unless anyone turns up in the meentime, and i cant wait, i can get to go to all those places ive dreampt about!!

5. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Go on your own - nobody to complain about what you're doing or where to go or what to eat or where to stay or what to do on what day. Everything would be totally as you planned it and there's nobody to wind you up :)

I like doing things on my own :)

6. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

When the twins are older we'll be taking them on a round the world trip it should be brilliant if more difficult with kids. But yes I would just go on your own its not too difficult.

7. jlushh

jlushh PetForums Member

Do you have one best friend that you can really rely on, you could arrange it with just them? Or just any friend you could rely on.

I can't rely on my friends at all either...Soon as a fella comes along, I don't see em for dust.

I really dislike my friends at the moment :cursing: as the old saying goes, with friends like these, who needs enemies.

8. Savahl

Savahl Guest

Go on your own, or with a family member maybe :)
    to be fair to your friends though, holidays with partners isnt the same as with friends, I have turned down trips with mates before cos my hubby (bf at the time) wanted a week or 2 away on our own and we couldnt afford 2 holidays.. not because i dont value the friend but because its nice for couples to go away occassionally on their own, away from the stress of everyday life.. Its just a shame they said no so far in advance so they couldnt work it into the finances!

9. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

Go on your own then you can do what you want and not what everyone else wants to do! I've gave up relying on people because alot of the time they never keep to their word..

10. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

nup can't go on my own - too scared to go on my own - you read the newspapers about people getting murdered or dying on holiday - that's enough to scare me - i'd rather go with someone.

I don't really have a best friend per se.

But it really ticks me off - i mean if you don't want to go on holiday with me just say so, don't lie about things you know what i mean?

11. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

I understand what you mean, but i've agreed to go on hols with my friends hundreds of times, but, never been, we say it, be we all know it will never happen.

I'd go with you! I love to travel. I love to travel even more with someone with knowledge of the place we are going to. Not your average tourist. I don't care for sunbathing, i love history etc too much and want to learn all the time!!

12. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

Really feel for you. I've learnt the hard way that even really good lifelong friends let you down in a really bad way, & it's really hard to deal with that when you've known someone so well for so long. :nonod: Maybe you never really know someone as well as you think you do. :confused: All I know is it really hurts when it happens. :( I agree with the others that I'd go on my own rather than not do something you really want to do. I've become more independent & will now go to places on my own rather than be let down & not go. How about trying a short break first to see how you get on?? Hope you work something out :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice