Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My fish is bleeding!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Keeping Chat' started by Samama Suleman, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Samama Suleman

Samama Suleman PetForums Newbie

29E6B4BF-D8D7-4CF6-88B2-D541AB358497.jpeg I have a gold fish. at the moment it is in a 45 litre tank but we have just bought a 125 litre tank we’re waiting on. Last night I did a filter change and water change. My fish has had a bleeding fin for 3 days now and it has been getting worse by the day. The first day it was only a spec of red. Now it’s a line. What can I do? 29E6B4BF-D8D7-4CF6-88B2-D541AB358497.jpeg

2. NaomiM

NaomiM Love my furry, feathered and finned family

Can you test for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate and post the results?
    What decor do you have in the tank? Is there anything sharp he could have caught his fin on?
    Dosing some melafix can help with healing, but you also need to find the underlying cause.

Samama Suleman likes this.
  3. Samama Suleman

Samama Suleman PetForums Newbie

I’ll go out to the shops to buy a test kit and some melafix. I’ve had a close eye on him today and I think he might be getting hurt on the filter. I’m going to look for a replacement but I didn’t see any damage when I changed the filter

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice