Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

my female mice are mounting each ohter

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by mousemighty, Jul 28, 2009.

1. mousemighty

mousemighty PetForums Member

ive seen cows female mount as ive workd as a farmers lad , but to see 2 female mice doing has got me worried, ive just check the one bumping the other and its deffo female , they could be playing , but last thing i need is another pregant mouse, are they palying or do i have a male in with ladies

2. Teddybearr

Teddybearr PetForums Newbie

If you're 100% sure that both of them are females then it could just be a dominance issue.

My females used to do this, but as they got older they stopped. My older female still does this sometimes to the new comers that I add to their tank.

3. mousemighty

mousemighty PetForums Member

im 90 percent sure there female , ill be doing my cleaning rounds soon so ill double check thanks for youre reply

4. spankingtigger

spankingtigger PetForums Member

yep completly normal and as you other reply said it is a dominace thing or if they are still young it could just be them coming into season and getting randy :)if you are unsre and need help sexing post up pics of there bits we will be able to help you out :)

hope this helps

5. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

My girls do it whenever they are put into a new tank, they have to determine who is the boss. Nothing to be concerned about unless you see blood.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice