UK Pet Forums Forum banner

My dogs poo has little tiny snails in it?

9K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Burrowzig 
#1 ·
I am sure my dogs poo has tiny snails in it. I haven't seen it when i'm out walking him as I always inspect his poo. But when we are home the back door is open and he just goes out to the toilet, I go out as soon as I think he has done something. And on a few occassions a have seen tiny snails in the poo.

Am I just to slow and they have crawled in? I am a bit worried cause I have heard they carry disease. My puppy is acting normal, no blood in the poo, no water, on the odd occasion there is a little diahorea but mostly solid.

Any advice will be welcome.

Thank you

ps He is being wormed every month until he is 6 months and his next worming is due on sat 10/10/09

#5 ·
Were the snails dead or alive? If alive they must have gone onto the poo after it was dropped, there's no way one could withstand the dog's stomach acids. Have you noticed your dog eating snails, or do you leave him in the garden where he might eat them? Sounds odd, but how about a photo?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.