Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My Doggy Dream as come True :) I'm Getting a German Shepherd

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by snoopydo, Apr 12, 2011.

1. snoopydo

snoopydo PetForums VIP

OMG:eek: I Can't believe it I go out to Groom a Irish setter and when I 1st went out to her the owner also had 2 Girl German Shepherd puppie's They were 4 months old I Totally fell in love with the one called sasha...

Anyway to cut along story short they have had to find new home for these two GSD's as for a few weeks sadly the Irish Setter has just not been getting on with them...They Found a Brill home for one and The owner called my Boss For my number to see if I'd like to take Sasha she is 11 months old now and the owner already knows how much I love her I've know her for 7 months and seen her growing up....my only issue was Sam my parson Jack Russell who I thought would never get on with another Dog.

So I arranged to go up today with Sam for them to meet Wow He loved her we introduced them and after the usual Bum Sniffing etc they just followed each other everywhere in the House..We then let them out into the Garden to have a run and they played together for ages ... Then The TEST I took them both for a walk..Sam usually goe's Crazy when he see's other dogs on walks BUT when another Dog was walking towards Sam looked at Sasha and just carried on walking passed the othe Dog without even one Bark :eek:

But having said that my Daughter takes him for a walk with her B/Friends Staffy Girl and she says he don't go for dogs when with her....So it seems he only doe's when he's the only dog one a walk.

So it seems that having another dog around will actually be good for him..And to Boot I get Sasha the Gsd of my Dreams.

We took Sam and the Staffy to Coombe Abbey today also for a good run through the woods he had a really good time...Usually I'm alone with him and it turns into a stressfull nightmare..

Then we took the Staffy back to her house and went to see Sasha So all in all a Brill Day all round..

I'm picking her up on monday evening after work..I Don't work on tuesdays so I'll have mon night, Tuesday all day and weds morning with her to settle her in... I'm Soooooo Excited :)

They are one of my Fav Breeds and I can't believe yet that sasha is going to be mine...:)

2. Well all I can say is that dog is going to be one lucky dog!:D
    Really pleased for you! cannot wait to hear of your experiences
    All the very best
    DT
    x

and Monday is going to seem like a lifetime away!

3. bulldog200

bulldog200 PetForums VIP

Wow so pleased here for you , cant wait to see some pics aswell

4. snoopydo

snoopydo PetForums VIP

I Know It's going to be the longest week of my life.. I've said mon so I can have the time with her to settle her in and show her our walks etc..then I only work weds/Thurs then I get 5 Days Hols.

Good thing about my Situation I work 2-8 my Daughter Comes in at 3.30-4pm so I can Take them out for a long work 1st thing in the morning, My Daughter will be here all afternoon then I'll do the last walk at night.

5. snoopydo

snoopydo PetForums VIP

I'll get pics up on Monday evening ... I've got some cool ones of me and Sam and kesher ( The Staffy today ) That was hard work trying to get them both to sit with me at the same time as all they wanted to do was play around and have a run :) They are on my Daughters phone though I need her to load them to the p.c... I'll defo those pics up and some of Sasha on monday night.:)

6. snoopydo

snoopydo PetForums VIP

Someone please pinch me and tell me I'm Not Dreaming...

7. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

[​IMG]

Cant wait for the piccies when she arrives.

8. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

Congrats my fav breed too :) cant wait to see pics good luck :)

9. MissShelley

MissShelley PetForums VIP

Awww congratulations!! You certainly won't regret letting a GSD into your life! You won't be able to get them out now! Once your hooked that's it! :D

Can't wait to see piccies! :) and can't wait until we hear the patter of tiny paws in our house, whenever that will be! :)

10. BeagleOesx

BeagleOesx PetForums VIP

So excited for you. What a lovely week you're going to have next week getting her settled into your lives.

It's lovely when you get a new dog as part of your family but even more special when it's your 'dream' dog. I grew up loving Old English Sheepdogs but like you never thought I would ever own one so when we got Willow it was a dream come true. I hope that Sasha is everything you wish for just as Willow has turned out for me.

Can't wait to see pics of her.

11. critter

critter PetForums VIP

Hi Snoops, Brilliant news!, I don't think anyone can doubt that Sasha is going to a good home!, the important thing was that Sam accepted her and by the sound of things he's given his ok so it's all systems go, congratulations. wayne.

12. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Woohoo!!! Congratulations :D

She is going to love being with you & if one things for sure it's that she's gonna be the most glamorous, well groomed GSD in town :D

13. snoopydo

snoopydo PetForums VIP

I'm sure it will be soon hunny all good things come to those who wait.

Sam absolutely Shocked me and my Daughters I said to the owner I'll come to see you about it but I'll have to bring sam and the walk well it was like he was another dog I still can't understand it.. I said to her if sam has a go at her and absolutely will not have anything to do with her I'll not be able to take her... But all went brilliantly when I get her on mon evening I'll take them for a walk together before I bring her in I think. He Don't like Dogs at all but seems to love the Girls now :) I believe she will do him good too. He was so happy on his walk with her and he actually played with her in the Garden.

:)Well she Doe's love to be groomed etc I did notice her Dew Claws need Clipping being the Critical Soul I am so thats the 1st job.

ooooh I really can't wait til mon....I really won't believe it until she's HERE.

I should've had my daughters take pics yesterday but to honest we never even thought we were too busy playing/walking them I thought about it last night that we could've taken some...:( I'll get some on monday defo.

14. snoopydo

snoopydo PetForums VIP

Thank you for the pinch lol.......I can't wait to post them your 2 are Absolutely Beautiful.

15. skyblue

skyblue PetForums VIP

nice one:D..coombe abbeys a nice walk too

16. portiaa

portiaa PetForums VIP

Good luck with the new arrival! :) we need plenty of pictures once she is home! :D

17. snoopydo

snoopydo PetForums VIP

I agree Skyblue It was lovely there yesterday....Hoping to have many more days there too with Sasha x

portiaa You will I promise :)

18. snoopydo

snoopydo PetForums VIP

19. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Utterly gorgeous dog, has she settled in?

20. VixyBee

VixyBee PetForums Newbie

That's fab news, I'm really happy for you :001_smile:

I absolutely love GSD's and my dream came true 3 years ago when I got my very own GSD puppy. She's wonderful in every way. You'll never want any other breed now, they're simply the best (IMO).

Best of luck, am looking forward to seeing pics and hearing updates :001_smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice