Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My dog was a fussy eater... not anymore thanks to Butternut Box!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by charlie_the_cockerspaniel, Mar 27, 2021.

1. charlie_the_cockerspaniel

charlie_the_cockerspaniel PetForums Newbie

My dog has been really fussy with food since we got him and I wanted to share my experience as it may help anyone else in the same position.

I’ve been through just about every healthy kibble and wet food on the market, tried pretty much every combination of flavours, and he just didn’t like them! Whenever I used to call Charlie for his dinner, he would sigh and become withdrawn - enticing him to eat his dinner was such a challenge and he would never finish it.

Although sceptical at first, I decided to give Butternut Box a try as i’d heard such good things about them.

I am completely mind blown at the difference in him now when it comes to meal times. Charlie is now jumping up at the counter whilst I prepare his food which prior to trying Butternut, I would have bet my house on him never doing! He absolutely wolfs it down and literally jumps for joy while I’m dishing it up! It’s so nice to see him finally enjoying his food. It is nice to have finally found a good quality food he enjoys. I wish I’d tried it sooner and not wasted all that money trying all the others!

Without being too crude, it’s also firmed up his poos and they don’t smell anywhere near as bad as before!

Has anyone else found this is the only food their dog enjoys?

If anyone does want to try it, get 75% off your first box and 75% off your second box by sending me a message for a link or by visiting the butternutbox website and adding /rjwalks

2. BlueJay

BlueJay Pack of Losers

This reads really badly as an ad, especially with the discount code at the end (which gives poster discounts and free stuff too), just in case mods want to take a peek.

I've tried it in the past.
    My dogs did like it (though they are bottomless pits, so that's not saying much!). If you have one small dog it's probably fine, but otherwise its ridiculously expensive. The portion sizes are nice, but I don't personally like food subscriptions, it totally puts me off, but maybe thats just me.
    Also comes with the same problem as raw; if you forget to defrost it, you're stuck!

westieowner, Sarah H and lullabydream like this.
  3. charlie_the_cockerspaniel

charlie_the_cockerspaniel PetForums Newbie

No not an ad, just my own personal experience. I realise my post does sound very positive but I can honestly say that so far there have not been any issues at all. I used the code myself to sign up too which meant that it was really cheap to try the food and therefore no worrying about the cost if he didn’t like it. Of course everyone’s experiences will vary, I’m just grateful to have found something that worked for my dog and won’t be looking back. I personally haven’t had any issues re: defrosting the food as you can keep 5 days worth in the fridge at a time. I only have 1 dog so am fortunate in that price isn’t my biggest concern, that being said, butternut can be mixed with kibble to keep the price down.

4. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Agree with @BlueJay it's really expensive for what it is...

I also am a YouTube addict and this brand will sell it soul for advertising.. Not a brand I would want to be involved with absolutely not.

5. CML2020

CML2020 PetForums Newbie

They do a lot of advertising but I guess when you want to grow your business that’s what you’ve got to do.

we’ve used it for a while now and I must say I’ve been impressed, my pooch loves it and like the op he was fussy before moving to butternut Box. It can be expensive but you can order smaller portions and mix it with kibble to keep to cost lower.

#5 CML2020, Mar 27, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  6. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Tried it with my boys both turned their noses up and I ended up binning it.

lullabydream likes this.
  7. mrs phas

mrs phas karma is a funny old thing

Totally an advert
    And
    The very last bit is an obvious ploy to subvert the
    "25 posts before you can add a link"
    rule

Not even going to comment on the second newbie post on same cause I think we can all suss that out

8. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

I'm a big believer that fussy eaters are made, not born. Barring medical reasons, food allergies and intolerances which are very real, fussy eating is IME more a factor of human behavior, not the food.
    My dogs eat anything I put in front of them.

lullabydream likes this.
  9. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

I got it when I could get money off as I think it's nice for the dogs to have a bit of variety! And I was seeing if it made a difference to Nooka's flare ups (it didn't btw).
    Nice stuff but deffo expensive - all the cooked brands are like Different Dog etc. Worth getting once with money off but not afterwards IMHO.

Torin. and lullabydream like this.
  10. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

A bargain is a bargain isn't it!

Sarah H likes this.
  11. Torin.

Torin. PetForums VIP

Trying butternut box with the massive discount was how I discovered that it was for sure sweet potato that gives Cad really bad diarrhoea :Hilarious

Sarah H, lullabydream and mrs phas like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice