Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My dog loves grass!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Albo, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Albo

Albo PetForums Junior

Hi all,

Ever since I got my Olde English Bulldogge when he was 12 weeks old (now 14 months) he has loved eating grass.

I’ve tried him on a few different foods since I’ve had him as I thought he might’ve been lacking fibre or something but nothing has changed his love of grass.

It’s not really been a problem apart from the constant stopping on walks so he can have a munch if we pass a nice looking patch of grass. Also, there is a lot of undigested grass in his poo. Sometimes I have to pull it out of him with a poo bag as it gets stuck

He never throws it up either which makes me think it’s probably not because he’s unwell?

If anyone can shed some light on why he does this I would be very grateful!

Thanks,

Alex

2. rona

rona Still missing my boys

I really think it's because they like the taste sometimes. My old dog used to graze like a cow when there was nice fresh grass about. Hardly had a days illness in his life and lived to nearly 15.
    Some however eat grass when they have a digestion issue. Just something you will work out in the fullness of time

Albo, Torin. and Lurcherlad like this.
  3. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

My two both graze. Sometimes they go mad for it in the morning. One spews it and the other does not. they seem to just enjoy it.

Albo and Lurcherlad like this.
  4. Beth78

Beth78 PetForums VIP

I've always thought it's to add roughage to their diet maybe to Express their anal glands ?
    Doesn't do any harm anyway.

Albo likes this.
  5. Engel98

Engel98 PetForums VIP

My bichon Beau grazes all the time. Totally ok. He's now nicknamed Sheep and responds to it. Hardly gets called beau now lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice