Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My dog is not eating his food

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by archielee, Jul 12, 2009.

1. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

My 8 mouth old boy is not licking his food, when i got him at 8 weeks the breeder had him on pro plan, 2 of my dogs was on james wellbeloved but i got them on pro plan to as i fort it was best to have all 3 on the same food, what do you think of pro plan is it a good food?

2. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

i would have been more inclined to have them all on james wellbeloved since u already had 2 dogs who were doing well on it.

as i said in another thread, pro plan isnt the best food, but its not the worst either. but i would feed jwb before i fed pro plan.

3. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

zebs 7.5months and just starting going off his food hes not eaten for 2 days really having bite here and there. I think hes bored abit of arden grange puppy (which is a sod as we have a 15kg left still)

4. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

Nearly all my dogs have gone off of their food at between 5 and 9 months of age!! i do put it down to teenage trying it on to see if they get anything better offered?? I made the mistake of mixing meat and gravy in with my last gsd's food and my trainer i worked with at the time said i was making a rod for my own back and i found he was right for a few weeks i had a dog who would tuck into a new 'recipe' with gusto and then by the third meal of it would refuse, my trainer told me to go back to feeding, leave down for 15 minutes then remove any uneaten food until the next meal!! I did this and he was never fussy again!! :D
    I now find that whenever my dogs go through this 'fussy' phase i just resort to soaking the dry food in warm water rather than mix anything with it and they love it, then i gradually wean off the amount of water i mix in until they are once again eating it dry!!

Sorry to go on but was the easiest way to explain what i had been through! :);)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice