Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My Dog Is Not A Replacement!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by ad_1980, Aug 7, 2009.

1. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Why are some people so stupid? If i hear one more sentence or question about Mika being a replacement for Woody i might just strangle that person! Why do people say such dumb things? Why why why?
    Just because we give a pup a place in our home doesn't mean he's a replacement for the one we lost!

Does anyone else feel like this?

2. rottiesloveragdolls

oh dear :( im not sure people mean anything bad by it when they say that, its just an expression people use, but it is annoying :( and you can NEVER replace what you lost! but it helps a little with the pain

3. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

My last dog (Chance) was a white german shepherd, Henrick is a white german shepherd they are very very different dogs and yet I also get comments like "oh you should have just called him Chance" and "It's like you never lost Chance", aaargh he is not Chance he is a totally new and equally wonderful dog but he is not a Chance replacement.

4. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I have been asked that about our new kitten. My cats Lucius and Tabitha live with my mother. When I first moved to a friend's house I could not take them with me. I have been moved out of my mother's house for a year this month and in that time they have developed a strong bond with my mother that I do not want to break.

Cotton is not a replacement, she was a rescue. I could never replace my two. I love them but I know they are better off with my mother.

5. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I hate it when people say that :(

We only went 2 weeks between my last dog dying and getting Tiger, but we weren't trying to replace Buster at all - we missed the silence and fun in the house and we wanted to give another rescue dog a home.

My mum always compares Tiger and Buster and she's always saying how much 'better' Tiger is than Buster..... I think it's a horrible thing to say. Tiger isn't 'better' than Buster at all - he is just a different dog with a different personality. Buster was with me from when I was about 4 years old until I was 18 and he was my best friend for so many of those years, so in my eyes, he can't be 'bettered'.

Don't let people get to you - you know Mika isn't a replacement and that is all that matters :) other people can think what they want.

6. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

I sympathise hun

Buddy was a red/white Border Collie and Toffee is a red/white/caramel border collie
    we got Toff three weeks after Buddy passed ... and we got the same thing , he looks just like Bud , are you trying to replace him :mad:

I had to walk away from my OH's mum when she said that ... even today she will go on about how similar their markings are .. well im sorry, but their markings are so obviously different , well to me they are

errr, sorry, got carried away a bit there , it still p's me off obviously when people compare the two dogs :eek: , there never will be another Buddy , just as there never will be another Toffee , two totally separate personalities :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice