Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My dog is eating cobwebs...?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Treezle, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Treezle

Treezle PetForums Newbie

Hi, new to the forum and looking for some worldly advice on my dog, 4yo Brussels Griffon (short haired), who has in the past 2 days decided that he has a taste for cobwebs. He’s starting skulking into the corner of the garden to lick and eat what he can. It seems he has no interest in the spiders (he’s never really been one for eating or playing with insects), but I just can’t work out where this new habit has come from. I tried searching the forum, and online more generally, and can’t find anything about dogs doing this. He’s had a bit of a bad stomach of late - nothing too severe, and often signs that he’s feeling a bit sick are that he licks things, like floors and carpets. Could this be an evolution of that? Any ideas?

2. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

Yes I expect he now goes off to lick when he feels a bit "off", and it just happens that he's chosen cobwebs (not everything dogs do is logical). If he's had a dicky tummy have you tried giving him some sort of probiotic? It might help his stomach settle and give you a bit of time to be able to curb this new behaviour.

JoanneF likes this.
  3. Treezle

Treezle PetForums Newbie

@Sarah H that’s great advice on the probiotic, thank you. I will definitely give that a try and just hope he chooses something else to lick next time he’s feeling out of sorts!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice