Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My dog has been be fluffed!! Does he need a coat?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Acacia86, May 19, 2010.

1. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Hey guys, i had my ESS clipped today.

What happened was.......on his walk he got wet/dirty etc and when i got him home he was due a bath so i showered him and then once dry i brushed him. Except there was a really sticky bit in his fur. I tried everything........but it wouldn't budge!

So i had no choice but to cut it out. Once it was all out he had a bigish patch of missing fur :lol: it looked awful!

So i rang up and had him in for this afternoon.

When i picked him up i nearly died!!! OMG, he looks so so different! I still stare at him!!

He does look very very cute though.

Anyway, my point was. Somedays we get cold weather especially in the early mornings so does he need his coat on? Have i taken away his self heating so to speak??

He was clipped a few times a year before i rescued him but i have never had it done by the groomers so its a first for me!!

From what i have tried to research and finds out from people its all conflicting :confused:

2. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

my dog's clipped short all year round and he only needs a coat if it's close to 0C. He's fine otherwise as he's either in the house (where if its warm for us, its warm for him), or he's on a walk, where hes running around and producing his own heat. If he shivers in the house, you could put a blanket on him, especially if he's got back from a walk all wet. It's best to put him in front of the fire, with a blanket or hand dry him with a towel and hair dryer.

3. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

It isn't all that warm today and tonight its pretty chilly and he has been absolutely fine! Not at all bothered! I guess i will leave him be and just keep and eye on him.

I have found he doesn't get so warm when playing though! He adores bubbles and yesterday playing them in the garden with him he got hot and panted a lot earlier than today!

Not sure if i will keep up with though, only time will tell! Lol!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice