Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My Dog Has a bump on his body

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by orestis idilli, May 14, 2017.

1. orestis idilli

orestis idilli PetForums Newbie

My 4 year old female chihuahua has a bump on its back .I dont know what this is but i have done my research and everywhere it says it is a cancer/tumor
    in my case the bump is below the skin and is really small.
    my dog has given birth once to 5 puppies and is kind of overweight/obese.
    i am going to take her to the vet tommorow. but is this something serious should i worry about it?Is my dog in danger?The photo included is a little bit old 2-3months and she doesnt have that bump there

Attached Files:

2. Purplecatlover

Purplecatlover PetForums VIP

Hi I would move this into dog chat or dog Health.
    If you click on catagoroes, then dog forums you'll find it there :) it's more likely to get seen & answered.

I'll tag a mod see if they could possibly move it.

Hope you get an answer.

@lymorelynn thank you xx

3. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

You do need to get all bumps and lamps that appear checked out to be sure, but there are other things it can be apart from cancer. You can get lumps that are just fat called lipomas, and various sorts of cysts, sometimes when they have had a vaccination a swelling or lump can appear too, infection can cause a bump or lump too.
    So try not to panic and immediately think the worst. She does though need it checked by a vet to confirm exactly what it is obviously.

orestis idilli likes this.
  4. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Your doing the right thing taking her to the vets, it maybe nothing to worry about, Dillon has had a fatty lump on his back for a few years, the vet checks them everytime he goes for his yearly MOT but isn't a problem.

orestis idilli likes this.
  5. orestis idilli

she did have a vaccine 10 days ago could that be the case

6. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

could be, but best to have it checked out.

7. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Mmm why his in the title of a bitch who has had pups?

the picture looks to be male too :confused:

Sled dog hotel and lullabydream like this.
  8. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Well done Miss Marple...picture definitely looks male to me too. Certain things can not be hidden well!

Sled dog hotel likes this.
  9. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

If its in the area where they would have vaccinated her then it is a possibility, however the vet still needs to check it out to be sure.

10. orestis idilli

Its propably cause the word dog kind of made me write his in the tittle just a tiny mistake
    aBut the dog is female looking closely you can see her 'genitals' and 2 of her nipples next to her leg.and yes she looks like a boy i just realised that :D

11. cherylai9

cherylai9 PetForums Newbie

If your dog is overweight I wouldn't jump to the worst conclusion right away, my previous elderly dog was a little on the tubby side and he developed a few lipomas as mentioned by a previous poster above. Overweight dogs are prone to developing fatty masses which look like rounded balls buried in their flesh. The vet operated and removed the lipoma, it was biopsied and came back clear. The dog showed no other symptoms of anything being wrong at all.

That said, I absolutely agree with a previous poster that you should get all lumps and bumps checked as soon as possible because there is that small chance that it is something more sinister.

Fingers crossed that it's nothing to be concerned about.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice