Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My dog has a bald patch?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by haztastic, Apr 29, 2011.

1. haztastic

haztastic PetForums Junior

Hi guys,

Wondered if anyone might know why my doh has a bald patch.

We took him to the vets a few months ago about it but she didnt know what was wrong, she gave us some cream and tablets but nothing worked!

Its not irritating him in anyway, he doesnt bite, lick, scratch or nibble the area, which makes it more confusing aa to why he has the patch.

Its on the side of his body, about 2-3 inches, its not red or scabby, its just bald, showing his spotting skin.

We have two other dogs but there is nothing wrong with them.

Its also starting to go bald in the same place on the other side of him.

What could it be?

Btw, hes a 2 year old jack russel
    The other two dogs are also jack russels.

2. rona

rona Guest

3. haztastic

haztastic PetForums Junior

Thanks for this.

It does sound like the Hormonal Disorder.

I've got an appointment for the Vets tomorrow so hopefully they can do something about it :)

Thanks

4. Katieforian

Katieforian PetForums Member

Has he had a change in food? When my dog was a pup he had the same thing happen and lost all his fur on his tail. The vet took samples of his fur and couldn't find anything so told me to wash his tail in a medicated shampoo (cant remember the name sorry) this didn't make a difference, so i looked up online things it could be and decided to change his food to a hypoallergenic one with no wheat, within 2 months his tail was back to normal with a nice healthy coat.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice