Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My dog dominating male kitten

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Feebee, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Feebee

Feebee PetForums Newbie

Hi folks, my four year old Westie (archie) the love of my life is dominating my new male kitten. I have two kittens a male and female (sid and nancy) but he is only dominating Sid. By dominating I mean trying to hump him, I have tried to ignore this behaviour as I understand it is pretty normal. I lost my cat a few months ago so he has always been used to a cat in the house. He has no interest in the female kitten at all. I just a wee bit worried that the kitten could land up hurt with him being so small and having such small bones. The kitten does not seem fazed by this at all and treats it as a big chase me, chase me game. Should I be over worried? obviously I do tell Archie no. When they all tired they very happy to settle down together and the kittens try suckle from Archie. Any advice would be appreciated. Also I dont want to keep giving Archie a row as this is his home too. :)

2. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

Hi. Just out of interest is Archie neutered?

3. Feebee

Feebee PetForums Newbie

Hi, sorry I should have mentioned that Archie is not neutered, I have not had a reason to get him neutered. He does do this to some dogs that we meet on our walks but he is never nasty with it. I figured he is just trying to make his place in the household clear. When they are all tired they all lie together happily with the kittens trying to suckle from him and he tolerates this with no problems at all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice