Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My dog doesn’t seem right after holiday

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Steve Scarborough, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Steve Scarborough

Steve Scarborough PetForums Newbie

We have come back from 2 weeks in Newquay. My little dog was full of life eating well. In the last couple of days.her energy levels have dipped she feels thinner she just isn’t her usual happy self usually she eats on her own but im having to feed her by hand it’s like she’s starving but won’t touch food on her own. Her wormer is up to date. She’s pooing and peeing fine. I’m wondering if maybe she could have eaten something on the beach that’s made her unwell. Any advice anyone. She’s 2 and a half yorkie cross Lhasa Apso. She very small for her breed.

2. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

She certainly could have, or picked up a bug due to the many extra people and their dogs down at this time of year. Or she could be completely knackered after her holiday! If she's peeing and pooing fine I'd give it another day of letting her rest, and see how she is, just make sure she's drinking as dehydration is serious. If she's not perked up after a day or so then yes I'd be popping to the vets for a check.

3. Steve Scarborough

Steve Scarborough PetForums Newbie

Thank you. She has never been ill before. Breaks my heart

4. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

As above, if she hasn't improved over the weekend I'd definitely speak to your vet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice