Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My dog does not listen...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Marlon, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Marlon

Marlon PetForums Newbie

Shes a 7 month Pitt/Mastiff...

1. She wees in my house wens she kno she not allowed to nt to mention she goes out every hour!

2. She'll run up to strangers again she knos shes not ment to!

Views/Advice?

2. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Have you had her from a small pup?

When toileting outside do you ever praise her? and what do you do when she toilets in the house?

She is still young, I have a 7 month old pup who loves people and will run over to say hi. I carry a whistle, squeaky toy and some treats and call him back before he runs off and I will make the biggest fuss of him when he does. It works pretty much all the time without fail, he does have some days but again he like your dog is still only a puppy and just needs time to learn.

Puppies require a bit of paitence :D

3. Hi Marlon
    Welcome to the forum!

I do not think that the problem is that your dog is not listening to you! It is more likely to be a case of you not making it 100% clear what exactly you want from them!

regards
    DT

4. Marlon

Marlon PetForums Newbie

Ive had her since she was 2 weeks old cos her mum died after givin birth...

Well wen she does wrong i been sayin "NO" in a strong tone but she dnt seem to care...

She knos rite from rong but just chooses to do rong, Smh.

5. SpringerHusky

well seeing as you have only had her 2 weeks, she won't listen. You need to likely re-train her and if she toilets in the house NEVER NEVER tell her off, if you catch her take her outside asap and praise her if she does it outside.

Positive reinforcement works, shuting and telling them off only makes them do it more. She's still very young and probarlley dosen't really know, in truth dogs don't know that what they do is wrong as they don't think like that.

You're best luck is to retrain her allover again, she's still very young so it will be easy.

Good luck, I know it's hard as I also have a 7 month old puppy.

edit;

just re-read, thought you had her for 2 weeks not had her since she was 2 weeks old.

Re-training always helps, I hjave a 4year old springer who I recently took back to puppy classes despite he has pased obedience tests, he recently decided he longer wated to come back when called and it seems he just needed a reminder :)

#5 SpringerHusky, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  6. SpringerHusky

Totally agree :wink5:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice