Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My dog becomes aggressive

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Laura Hibberd-Sweet, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Laura Hibberd-Sweet

Laura Hibberd-Sweet PetForums Newbie

Hi, I'm new and hoping some one can help me.

My dog likes to go under the bed and on occasion she becomes agresive towards us and today I was bitten trying to get her to come out.

Any advice on how I can change this behaviour? Or does anyone know why she might act this way.

Many thanks in advance.

2. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Does she have a reason to hide under the bed? Its best not to make her come out . Could you keep the bedroom door shut so she cant get under.
    If you need to get her out , you could do something like ring the door bell or open a can of food in the kitchen .

Lurcherlad likes this.
  3. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Don’t try to pull her out.

Call her from a different room and praise/reward for coming.

If being under the bed is an issue block access.

Torin. likes this.
  4. Ian246

Ian246 PetForums Senior

As the others say, surely the answer is to deny her access to the bed. If she’s hiding there due to fearfulness about something, that needs addressing.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  5. Sacremist

Sacremist Mum to 2 cats and a dog

Our dog doesn’t like going to her bed in the kitchen at night and we can’t leave her in the lounge. She can be aggressive if we try to force her, so we offer her some of her highly valued treats and call to her with what I call my happy smiley voice. It works every time; she comes running, tail wagging and, of course, she gets her bedtime treats for being a good girl.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  6. Linda Weasel

Linda Weasel PetForums VIP

Any tiny chance she could be suffering a phantom pregnancy?
    I guess you will know if this is possible as it would be recently acquired or intermittent behaviour.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice