Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My day judging

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Freyja, May 3, 2011.

1. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Yesterday I was judging at a companion show. What a lovely day we had it was quite cool because of the cold wind but when the wind stopped it was very hot.

We were looked after from the time we arrived to the time we went home. On arrival we had tea/coffee and toast or bacon butties. After finding a steward we started the classes what a lovely collection of dogs I had to judge.

1st in the puppy class was a lovely bichon puppy.

The sporting class gave me a very difficult choice there was a beautifull german short haired pointer and an equally beautifull wolf hound. The pointer 1st the wolfhound 2nd.

The non sporting was won by a stunning mini poodle. Not a breed I would normally say would be my type but she really stood out in the class.

The open class was won by an australian shepherd

Best in show saw me having to decide between the pointer and the poodle. Both beautifull dogs and when I saw the pointer I really thought she would be BIS. She didn't go as well as she did in the class and the poodle again was stunning. She went BIS with the pointer reserve the bichon best puppy.

Then we were treated to a lunch of meat and salad and cake and custard for pudding.

Then onto the fun classes and again some lovely dogs.

Before we left we had more coffee to warm us up and were offered sandwiches but we decided we needed to get back up the M6 as we expected a lot od traffic due to the bank holiday.

A lovely day with some lovely dogs it was a pity about the wind but at least the sun shone and we had no rain.:D:D:D:D:D

2. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Sounds like you realy enjoyed your day.:D:D

3. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Just one question why was the wolfhound in the sporting class? But sounds like a great day

4. lucyandsandy

lucyandsandy PetForums VIP

Sounds like you had fun! Glad you had a nice day, it must have been lovely seeing all the different dogs. I don't think I would ever be able to a decision!

5. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

A wolfhound is a hound. The sporting class is for hounds, gundogs and terriers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice