Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

my daughter is growing up

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by frags, Aug 11, 2009.

1. frags

frags PetForums VIP

and making her own decissions :(

she has decided to stay at her dads for her 12th birthday and come home the following day, i am so gutted but i will respect her choice as she has been with me for the other 11.

ohhhh it makes me realise how it will be when they start to fly the nest :(

2. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

awwww bless ya, your doing the right thing in respecting her wishes though, she might be there for 1 day and 1 night, but shes coming back to her mum straight afterwards :)

3. animallover111

I know exactly how you feel......my son is 13.....my mum is moving into my old house which is just near his school...and all his school friends.....he has asked if he can stay at my mum's....monday to friday.....:(...

4. namratasnv

namratasnv PetForums Newbie

Hi,

Yes, it is very true, as when a child comes in a certain age, they start understanding situations and react accordingly.

As, your child is getting mature and understanding too, as she is getting familiar with the importance of relations and most of all Parents.

Thanks!!:)

5. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

believe me it turns a full circle, i have boys, they are now 18 and 21 the day comes when you think thats it ime beggining to lose them their interests are with friends they no longer want to do things with you like they used to, their dad found it harder than me as he couldnt move for them when they were little, he once asked one of them if they wanted to go somewhere cant remember where it was now and he turned round ever so casual pulled a face and said no ime going wherever with one of his friends and he was hurt didnt show but said to me he was. Its just growing up. Now its dad were going to pub you coming? and he's off like a shot, they had a weekend at twickenham not long ago and the first on the list was dad, along with all the rugby mates he knows them anyway, he loved it, but at one time it would not have been cool to have your dad with you.

She will get if she already hasnt not wanting to go shopping for clothes with you she will want to go with friends no more cinemas she will want to go with friends it happens but the day soon comes round when she will see you firstly as a friend and then a mum when something goes wrong, and before long you will have the shopping trips again, it really does come back round.

6. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Awww bless you. She is growing up and I know it's hard but you are doing the right thing in letting her make her own decisions (up to a point). She will be your best mate as well as your daughter one day and will always come to her Mum with any problems.

7. kath123

kath123 Guest

awww bless you, it must be so hard for you. Luckily mine dont see there dad and also they are only 6 and 3 so still a bit young. xx

8. frags

frags PetForums VIP

thanks all for your replies.
    i know she will be my best bud 1 day as my 17 yr old is my bestest buddy ever (except at that monthly time then she is my enemy lol) i just liked having a young daughter that was still my baby, im going to find friday hard, what will i do with myself lol im sposed to be spoiling my daughter but she wont be there.

9. kath123

kath123 Guest

Awww hun sending you a big big hug, i think what you should do is spoil yourself instead for the day. A bit of retail therapy. Go and have your nails done or your hair done, if i lived nearer i would join you. :D:D

10. frags

frags PetForums VIP

oh very good idea :D im desperate for a hair cut!!

11. kath123

kath123 Guest

And me hun, had an appointment at 1pm but had to cancel it!! :(

12. frags

frags PetForums VIP

oh no why?

ive just booked me and the boys in for friday at 1 :D

13. kath123

kath123 Guest

Well i had visitors and they didnt go until 12.30pm and i am potty training harry and he fell over outside and then he wet himself all in my hall. So had to clean all that up and it was 12.40pm and had a naked crying child.

So basically i wasnt going to get there in time so i cancelled it!! :D

14. frags

frags PetForums VIP

ahh thats a shame, have you rebooked?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice