Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My cats don't care about me

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Charity, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

It always make me envious when slaves say how their cats sense when they, the slaves, aren't well and sit with them and keep them company etc. because mine flippin' aren't and don't. :(

Three weeks ago, I started getting toothache which after a few days became raging. Now, I am totally dental phobic and only go anywhere near a dentist when I absolutely have to. So I put up with it until it became too much and then I had to psyche myself up to go and visit a dentist which took a few days. :eek: To cut a long story short, since last Wednesday, I've been to the dentist four times, had one tooth taken out and a temporary filling put in another but I am still in agony and this afternoon I've got to go and have a root canal done which I am so not looking forward to. I have to say, what is making it at all bearable is that, for the first time in my life, I have found a very kind, gentle and patient dentist which has made all the difference.

Anyway, back to the cats. During all of this, have they been showing any sympathy, sat with me when I've felt very low. No they ***** haven't, not one jot! They are just carrying on as normal, demanding their food and to be let out as soon as daylight comes, snoozing happily in their beds and going out enjoying themselves. After all I do for them when they're not well. Thanks a lot Bunty and Toppy :mad::mad::mad::mad:

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Poor you Charity! Nothing worse than toothache!!!! :Inpain . Then to add insult to injury Toppy and Bunty have not comforted you! :Banghead . Very thoughtless of them!

I hope you soon feel better. I was dentist phobic for years until I found a gentle and kind dentist, so I really know how you feel. ;)

Charity and ewelsh like this.
  3. Dobby65

Dobby65 PetForums Senior

Oh, poor you! If it's any consolation Muffin is exactly the same. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you... Hope you feel better soon! :)

cheekyscrip, Charity and ewelsh like this.
  4. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

Oh no poor @Charity

Naughty Bunty & Toppy. Toothache is just awful, I really dislike pain so I rather get to the dentist and get it over with than sit for days miserable. Think clearly this afternoon once, you go you won't have any more pain! All gone for the sake of an hour tops! My dentist is lovely but I have no problems saying " stop or wait" they are so used to it they really are so you make them go at your pace.

Libby & Lottie almost laugh when I'm in pain or ill, little so and so's. Loulou however does try and help mummy by sitting behind me on the sofa and bites my head :rolleyes: but she is trying!

All will be well this afternoon I promise. Keep saying to yourself later " this too will pass"

Lots of love and hugs from me xx

Forester and Charity like this.
  5. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

Ha! In the cold weather I have to fight to find a space in my own bed: there is generally one on each corner (as tho' someone is lying in state). Yesterday, when the weather is really warm, catless...not a cat in sight. The sly creatures were all zonked out on the floor, two of them next to a drinking fountain each. It's all about 'me' with some cats!
    Hope you toothache is soon gone!

Charity likes this.
  6. Soozi

Soozi PetForums VIP

Toppy and Bunty! Just you look after Mum please! xxx

Charity likes this.
  7. moggie14

moggie14 PetForums VIP

Oh dear, no empathy from the cats :(
    I am sure your procedure this afternoon will ease the pain, be brave. Big hugs xx

Charity likes this.
  8. Charity

Thank you all, roll on 5.00 o'clock.

@Soozi , I think that will fall on deaf ears

moggie14 likes this.
  9. Gwen9244

Gwen9244 PetForums VIP

Bless you - I totally sympathise about tooth ache and a fear of the dentist. Bad Toppy and Bunty for their lack of nursing!

Charity likes this.
  10. QOTN

QOTN PetForums VIP

Bunty and Toppy have each other. You are staff. You won't care so much when the dentist has worked the magic. Then take your revenge as only staff can. Run out of supplies of treats, lose crucial kickers etc.

Forester, Charity and Gwen9244 like this.
  11. Matrod

Matrod Moderator
    Staff Member

Ooooh @Charity you poor thing, bad tooth ache is the worst :(. Matilda & Rodney are exactly the same, if I am ill or in pain I immediately become an inconvenience as I can't meet their demands & I can forget any form of cuddle!

I hope you get on ok this afternoon & finally get it sorted.

Charity likes this.
  12. Charity

Things didn't go according to plan. When he started drilling, the dentist found two cracks in the tooth so said he couldn't do a root canal and the tooth would have to be taken out (its like Groundhog Day :Arghh). Unlike the tooth last week which came out in five minutes, this one took 25 minutes and he admitted it had been difficult as he had to remove the tooth in bits. I've had so many injections my whole face is numb right up to the top of my head. My hands were shaking so much I couldn't sign the forms properly. :( Feeling pretty crappy now. Where are my two furry nurses?

ewelsh likes this.
  13. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

Hug hug hug hug hugs and extra big kisses to you @Charity

It's all over now! Poor you. X

Charity likes this.
  14. QOTN

QOTN PetForums VIP

Oh dear. On occasions such as this I use the technique I always used before a concert. Just keep telling yourself everything will be different in two days or one day or whatever interval you think appropriate. Then reduce the amount of time whenever you are feeling low about the situation. I hope you will feel fine in 24 hours maximum so that might be a good place to start. (With concerts, depending on how important they were, I sometimes started two weeks in advance!)

Forester and Charity like this.
  15. Charity

Yes, I tried that last week. last Wednesday when I had the first one out, I told myself I'd been fine by Friday. Its now Monday and I'm worse off than last Wednesday. I know worst things are happening in the world so I console myself with that and this doesn't compare.

Must say the cats' cool pad is coming in useful as an ice pack. :)

QOTN, popcornsmum and ewelsh like this.
  16. Franlow

Franlow Guest

toothache is rubbish isn't it. I only have 23 teeth now - had lots of problems when younger, so, I really do know how you feel. When you get toothache, the first port of call should be antibiotics. As for painkillers, take 2 ibuprofen for the swelling along with 2 paracetamol for the pain. Top up, so you don't ever get that awful banging pain ( this is what my dentist said) have even been known to set alarm to wake up & take painkillers. It won't do you any harm for a short time.
    As for furry nurses, most of mine couldn't give a monkeys as long as someone has a tin & a bowl. The only one who cares if I'm upset is my Burmese. She comes & cuddles on my lap and brushes my face with her paw, mind you, it only lasts 30 mins or so & if I don't cheer up, she is more than happy to scream in my face :)

Charity likes this.
  17. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

:Hilarious:Hilarious:Hilarious Hilarious sort of serves Bunty & Toppy right for being uncaring

Gwen9244 likes this.
  18. huckybuck

huckybuck Feline Forum Fashionista

Oh crumbs @Charity just caught up with this thread.

You are so sooo brave!!

I have a real phobia of dentists and what you have been through actually makes me want to cry!!

I am so glad it's over and really hope that's the end of it now!!

The HBs send you lots of gentle kisses and say they empathise as they hate the dentist too!

Charity likes this.
  19. popcornsmum

popcornsmum Popcorn relaxing!

Aw bless you @Charity I totally feel your pain! last week I had to have a filling but after a dreadful experience at another dentist 2 years ago I refused the pain relief injections coz they hurt the most so sat there hands sweating whilst she drilled a hole in my tooth! She then said oh your other filling (that my previous dentist had put in because he broke my tooth and caught a nerve!!) needs re doing so I can do that now or another day!!! I was like another day please! Now I need to psych myself up again and go back in 2 weeks!! :Drowning And well Popcorn is majorally lacking in any kind of empathy nowadays as she just demands her food and her strokes (at 5am) and bites or scratches me when she feels like it!! :rolleyes: I'm surprised at B&T as they have such cute endearing faces!! :D

Charity likes this.
  20. QOTN

QOTN PetForums VIP

Dear oh dear. The staff appropriating employers' property! Revenge certainly is sweet.

Charity likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice