Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

my cats dental ops

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by girlyhouse, May 31, 2010.

1. girlyhouse

girlyhouse PetForums Senior

2 of my cats are booked in for dental ops next week:(.one of them has a hereditory condition with a long name ( holes in some teeth and nerve exposed) . my other girl has a double molar. my cats only go out the house once a year for their booster so will be terrified. is there anything i can do to make this any less traumatic for them both? im worried sick to be honest but i take it these ops are really important esp for my girl with the hereditary condition. any advice would be greatly appreciated .x

2. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

Firstly, I think you need to be calm because the cats will pick up on your agitation. You could try Feliway...they do a specific transport spray for the carrier. Also Bach Rescue Remedy helps some animals in these situations.

3. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

4. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

aw yeah mine hate the vet, just relax and talk crap to them and pat them at the vets to calm them, there isnt much to do but they will feel better for it after :)

5. girlyhouse

girlyhouse PetForums Senior

thank you for your replies.think i will try the feliway spray and a smelly t shirt of mine or ohs .have got rescue remedy spray in the house??? thing is when they are terrified when getting their booster and check up ,we are there for cuddles and they look to us for reassurance but next week its juts a case of handing them in to the vets in the morning so we wont be there . i know many of you will have been in the same situation at some point.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice