Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My cats behaviour. Fighting or playing?

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Lily333, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Lily333

Lily333 PetForums Newbie

so I have a 4 year old cat, only had him about a month. I got a 8 week old female cat a week and a half ago. Kept them separate, exchanging smells, letting them see each other in cage until now, I let them in the same room together under supervision. I’ve been doing this for 3 days now. My older cat has to chase the kitten everywhere to see what she’s doing, the cat is chilled but as the kitten is playful she’s always running up to the cat and play attacking him. My cat swipes at her every time she does this. Sometimes there’s a weird little meow from the cat but not often. They literally chase each other the entire time they are together. Is this playing or fighting? I can’t tell. I don’t want to keep my kitten out all the time yet if it’s stressing my cat out, but they might be having fun and playing... HELP

2. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

Probably play fighting but as an eight week old kitten is so tiny, I would not leave the kitten out unsupervised with the adult yet.
    You can also play games where they both interact such as wand toys or chasing balls. But chasing each other seems normal cat play, just keep an eye on them.

3. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

@Lily333
    Forgot to ask, is your male cat neutered?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice