I am having a problem with 3 of my 5 cats :mad:

They Are:

Meeps - 7YR - Moggie - F
Fudge - 6YR - Tonkinese - F
Pixie - 4YR - Bengal - F

Pixies Only Litter

Charlie - 2YR - HALF BENGAL - M
Lola - 2YR - HALF BENGAL - F

So, they are all neutered with all vaccinations and are outdoor cats.

First problem is Pixie keeps on urinating everywhere in the house :confused:
even though we have several litter trays and a cat flap for them.

Second problem, Charlie is really aggressive, he keeps on teaming up with sister Lola to attack Fudge and Meeps, he keeps on taking out squirrels and mice. I don't really mind about the squirrels, but he has scared fudge into refusing to come out of a single room, Last time he got her, he pinned her down and started pulling out fur.

Please help as I am considering having the Bengals rehomed :cryin:

G

·
I can't really offer much advice because I don't really have much experience when it comes to multi cat households but please, please tell me this is some kind of sick joke?

Please help as I am considering having the Bengals put down
Why on earth would that be your first option????

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Five cats is a lot for the average household, do you mind me asking how much space they have? Have you got children living there as well? If they wanted to, could all of the cats individually retreat somewhere quiet on their own?

Also when did the problems and aggression start? Sorry for all the questions, but I wonder if maybe the cats are finding living together too stressfull. A Felliway diffuser might be a good place to start to calm the environment down. We do have people on here with multicat households who I am sure will be along soon with some practical advice.

I think putting the Bengals down would be a little dramatic, I'm sure as a last resort re homing would be a better idea.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have a 4 story house with 6 bedrooms 4 bathrooms and living rooms. Three children... well kinda, a 14 yr old boy and 2 older sisters. They could and they do but at night when there aren't enough beds to go around, they fight because 3 of them all want this one bed. The problems started when the bengals started growing bigger than fudge so about 8 months. I have considered the Diffusers but I have seen mixed reviews and due to the size of my house, I dont think they would work.

Many Thanks

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I saw a similar story on 'My cat from hell' the other day. A couple had 2 cats, a normal moggy and a bengal. This is what the expert said:

Bengals are very active cats and need to be able to get rid of their energy. If they can't do this then they will turn on other cats.

You need to play with them until they are worn out. They go mad for Da Bird so I would suggest to buy a few of them for the Bengals and then you need to play with them outside in the garden until they are worn out. I too would consider getting a wheel for them. You can train them on running in the wheel (like a hamster) and they will be able to get rid of the energy through this.

If you manage to drain their excessive energy you should notice that they will not attack your other cats anymore.

The owners did what they expert suggested and surprise, the Bengal did not attack the other cat anymore!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have 2 felliway diffusers and they have made a huge difference in my cats behaviour.

I would suggest placing one where your cats spend a lot of time, like living space or sleeping areas. There's also a spray that you can use. (I do this before I take them to the vets to calm them).

If you can't cope rehome them, putting them down would be cruel. Someone else could care for them.

I agree with Nightkitten, Bengals need to have a lot of activity otherwise they become bored and agressive with other kitties.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.