Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My cat wont come home.

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Chronix, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Chronix

Chronix PetForums Newbie

Hi
    I have a 6 yr old Domestic calles Xena, a 6 yr old Persian cross called Kirby, a 8 mnth oldd Lop-Eared rabbit called Jarvis and 4 Chickens (Saxon,P.D,Goth and Cluck Rogers). Now Xena and Kirby never really got on from the get go Kirby always ran up to her and She'd growl and his and eventualy swipe at him. She would kep her distance from Jarvis as he liked to sniff her alot and the Chickens didn't bother her at all. My wife and I would make sure she got plenty of fuss and attention and let her out when she wanted and leave the window open at night so she could get back in. However about a month ago she stopped coming in and days would go by before i saw her and only then it would be in passing as i was off to work. Apparantly she stays in one of the gardens down the street and an elderly couple give her fuss. I've had to bring her back twice and now I'm keeping her inside now like im introducing a new cat. Am I doing the right thing? What should I do?

Thanks

2. kittycats2

kittycats2 PetForums Newbie

i have a similar situation with one of my cats, he's not physically been in the house for nearly 3 months now even though i keep seeing him in the garden/around the area/sat at the back door. I've been leaving food out for him so he knows where home is but if you do this you run the risk of every other cat nearby popping round for a bit of supper (trust me i must have 5 or 6 cats that i have seen eating food on a regular basis)

If he's been spotted in an elderly couples garden it may be that they are feeding him too or possibly even taking him in overnight, hence why he doesnt come home!

x

3. Chronix

Chronix PetForums Newbie

thanks for the reply. I dont think they are letting her sleep indoors at night. they just say that shes always in the garden and they give her loads of fuss. its quite upsetting (for me anyway my wife just says that it will take time fir her to get used to the other animals) i just dont want to lose my cat. since my last post ive kept her in overnight on monday but by the morning comes she goes out and wont come back i see her in the conservatry in the the morning, eating, but then shes off again. :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice