Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My cat won’t stop meowing and it’s driving me insane

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Kater_tot, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Kater_tot

Kater_tot PetForums Newbie

Hi,

so my cat is 1 years old and every single night she meows to be let in and out of the house and she does it ALL NIGHT LONG! This has been going on for months. Part of the problem is definitely that she’s needs a cat flap (which I’m working on getting installed) but I seriously can’t take it anymore. I haven’t sleep properly in 4 months. I know I should ignore her but if I do that my family don’t stop bloody complaining about the meowing (yes, they are selfish like that and won’t just have some patience until she’s trained).
    Does anyone have any tips I might be able to use until I can get the cat flap installed?
    Thanks!

2. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

Is she spayed?

lorilu likes this.
  3. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

@Kater_tot - other than leaving a ground floor window open for her at night, (with the implied security risk) there is nothing I can really suggest other than having a cat flap installed urgently. They can be fitted in an outer wall, or a window, not just in a door.

I am puzzled why she is crying to go out all night? If she is let in and out by you or your family throughout the day, then I would expect her to be happy to stay in at night. She is only 1 year old, so it is not as though she has had years of habitual roaming at night.

However if she is not spayed she will certainly want to be outdoors every night looking for tom cats to mate with. So I really hope she has been spayed.

lorilu and Lurcherlad like this.
  4. Silverdoof

Silverdoof PetForums Member

I would just keep her in she would soon get Used to it. Play with her for 30 mins before bed time, feed her then go to bed. Flying frenzy toys, laser dot toys etc Work her energy off

Was wondering too like previous poster is she spayed yet

Treaclesmum, lorilu and Lurcherlad like this.
  5. TriTri

TriTri Standing up for cats

So no cat flap? Probably not spayed? Has she even got any litter trays?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice