Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sign Up

My cat keeps vomiting after eating!

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by sllunn, May 8, 2017.


  1. sllunn

    sllunn PetForums Newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2017
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    My 5/6 month old female indoor cat is regularly vomiting after eating.

    We rescued Luna and her brother Ralph in mid March from a rescue centre that helps animals in need in Romania. After a lot of research I decided to feed them a raw diet (natural instinct) which they love and have been thriving off.

    In the last couple of weeks, however, Luna has started being sick about an hour after eating her food. This hasn't been happening after every meal but when it happens it seems to last for a few meals. The vomit (TMI) appears to be mostly undigested food but there is sometimes white foam and this morning's vomit looked partly digested. Luna eats very slowly compared to Ralph so I don't think it could be that she is eating too quickly!

    One thing that concerns me is that 2 weeks ago Luna managed to find and eat a brioche roll that had a chocolatey cream filling. I phoned the vet immediately and they said to keep an eye on her to see if her behaviour changes but that it should pass through and that she will most likely have diarrhoea/vomiting.

    A few hours after she had eaten the brioche she had diarrhoea but was fine in terms of behaviour and ate her breakfast with no problems the following morning. I assumed the brioche had passed through with just a bit of diarrhoea and that that was the end of it, but I'm now concerned the vomiting could be as a result of eating the brioche. She didn't vomit until a few days after eating the brioche and in the meantime had been eating her meals fine. Could the chocolate in the brioche still be causing her upset stomach?

    She hasn't seemed lethargic or ill at all; she is running around playing with her brother as she always has.

    From tonight we are going to give her boiled chicken for a couple of days and see if that helps settle her stomach. If that doesn't work I will be taking her to the vet.

    Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to know if anyone had experienced anything similar and could shed light on why this could be happening! Thanks ☺
     
  2. MilleD

    MilleD PetForums VIP

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2016
    Messages:
    9,028
    Likes Received:
    17,783
    I think you need a trip to the vets. There may a blockage that is causing the vomiting.

    I can't imagine it was the brioche if it took a few days between that and the vomiting to start.
     
    buffie likes this.
  3. buffie

    buffie Mentored by Meeko

    Joined:
    May 31, 2010
    Messages:
    24,556
    Likes Received:
    21,204
    A visit to the vets need I think.Frequent vomiting such as you have described needs investigating.
     
    MilleD likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice