Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

My cat died in my arms.

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by NoorMalik, Jun 6, 2019.

1. NoorMalik

NoorMalik PetForums Newbie

I know it's early but I can't cope with my cats death, he died yesterday in my arms right after I came back from the vet. He was three years old.
    His name was Garfield and he was the most amazing cat ever, he would literally communicate with everyone, unlike my other cat and my dad who isn't very fond of cats was also attached to him.
    His death has completely left me feeling lonely and depressed, I can't stop crying and I don't know what to do. He was my first cat and I was very attached to him. I read that adopting a rescue cat makes you feel better but the thought of getting another cat makes me feel horrible because I don't want to go through this again, this has left me completely broken. I hate to admit this but I'm more sad over Garfield's death than I was at my grandparents, I loved them but my cats death is much more painful.

Attached Files:

2. oliviarussian

oliviarussian Meeoow!

So sorry to hear about Garfield he looked like a lovely lad, sleep tight beautiful boy x

Take you time to grieve and if it helps you can talk about him as much as you want on here as we will understand what you are going through and how painful it is to lose a beloved pet

Shrike, jill3 and ewelsh like this.
  3. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

Hello

I am so sorry you lost your Garfield, I have just lost my girl and the feeling is just awful, it just takes time for the pain to ease but the loss never leaves.

Be kind to yourself, sending you humongous hugs xx

Shrike likes this.
  4. NoorMalik

Thank you so much ❤❤❤

5. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

I am sorry that you lost your gorgeous boy. It is hard to lose a much loved pet. Allow yourself the time you need to grieve. Sending you a big hug. We are all here for you if you want to talk about your boy. In time you will be able to smile at your memories of him. Run free at Rainbow Bridge Garfield.

Viv xx

9D1F8FB9-278D-48A9-84BD-7963EEFADF96.jpeg

6. NoorMalik

I am so sorry to hear about your girl, I hope the pain eases for as well. Thank you for taking out your time and replying ❤

ewelsh likes this.
  7. NoorMalik

Thank you, your reply means a lot to me ❤

8. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

Your welcome hun

Viv xx

9. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

I'm so sorry about your lovely boy. Our cats all mean the world to us and its very hard when we lose them, especially so young. Grief is very raw to begin with and it takes some people longer than others to come to terms with their cat's loss. You must do it at your own pace and, hopefully, some time in the future when you're ready, you'll feel able to give another cat a wonderful home. I'm sure Garfield would want you to do that. I found making a photo book helps me when I lose mine or having a little memorial in the garden if you have one or indoors. Take care and sweet dreams Garfield.

Memoriam 2.jpg

MissMiloKitty and Jackie C like this.
  10. Sacremist

Sacremist Mum to 2 cats and a dog

I’m so sorry for your loss. RIP sweet boy.

11. Gallifreyangirl

Gallifreyangirl PetForums VIP

I so sorry for your loss but thought the poem below may help.
    rb.jpg

Jackie C likes this.
  12. ChaosCat

ChaosCat PetForums VIP

So awfully sorry for your loss! It hurts like hell. But by and by the pain will be less sharp and the beautiful memories will remain.

chillminx likes this.
  13. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

So sorry you lost your lovely boy. The same thing happened to me, cat was at the vet's at about 4pm (he was diabetic) and she said how pleased she was with the blood result and that it looked as tho' the condition was stabilising. Took him home (the same day) and fed him at six and about 15 minutes later he just collapsed and died. He was much older tho' than your boy. I lost one to CKD aged five and I always felt it was just so unfair (to both of us). Garfield looked adorable XX.

14. Soozi

Soozi PetForums VIP

I don't have any words that will lessen your pain. I am so very sorry your boy Garfield looked amazing.:( xxx

15. Jackie C

Jackie C Cat slave

I'm so sorry to hear of the death of your beloved Garfield. Your pain is so raw at the minute as his death is so recent, and he was only a young cat at 3. Allow yourself to grieve, this is normal, our cats are part of the family, and we feel the pain of losing them a great deal. People who say "he was only a cat" don't have a clue about how much we love them, and how much we hurt when they're gone. They aren't "just a cat", they are part of us.

Take comfort in that you were with him at the end. He wasn't scared at a vets. He was with you, the person he loved and trusted the most. I truly believe our cats love us in their own way, and your presence would have comforted him. The last person he saw before he slipped away was a face of someone who loved him.

Allow yourself to grieve, I'm sending a big hug to you. x

16. TommyB

TommyB PetForums Junior

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Garfield looked like a really sweet boy. Allow yourself as much time to grieve as you need and in time you may be ready to open your heart and home to another cat who needs someone to love them as you did Garfield.

17. MissMiloKitty

MissMiloKitty PetForums VIP

I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your young cat Garfield. It's hard when you lose them at any age but at such a young age is unbearable.
    It's much too soon to be thinking about another cat. Give yourself time to grieve and come to terms with your loss.

18. huckybuck

huckybuck Feline Forum Fashionista

I know exactly how you feel!

When I was 16 I lost my cat Kitty while on holiday. When I came back I found out and also found out my beautiful Nanny Alice had died as well. My grief for Kitty was overwhelming and I felt terribly guilty I didn’t feel the same for Nanny.

It takes time but with every minute that passes, every hour and day it does get a tiny bit easier to cope. One day you wake up, sometimes a year or more later and realise you have accepted their passing. It can still hurt terribly - I have moments now when I sob for Cinders who I lost 15 years ago. I also weep for Nanny who I adored and miss terribly. I realised I had only so much heart break I could cope with at one time when they both went together.

Take comfort that Garfield was sent to you to show you just how amazing cats can be and because of him you will be able to open your heart to other cats in the future.

RIP beautiful boy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice