Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

my cat died due to fpv

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Ali hatim, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Ali hatim

Ali hatim PetForums Newbie

i previously posted here about how my cat was sick and wouldnt eat, i took him to multiple vets and they couldnt identify the problem until it was too late. he died a few days ago due to fpv and i really need advice on how to deal with grief and to also decontaminate and protect other cats from this disease.

thanks overall!

2. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

3. Etienne

Etienne Dad to Puss and Shadow

So very sorry for your loss

4. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

@Ali hatim - I am very sorry indeed to hear this sad news. Things had sounded positive at the end of your last thread, as the kitten was making progress.

Feline Parvovirus can be deadly for kittens if they catch it. I assume your kitten was not vaccinated against FPV. Are your other cats all vaccinated? If so they may only get mild symptoms of FPV if they do catch it.

5. ChaosCat

ChaosCat PetForums VIP

So very sorry for your loss! :(

It’s difficult to give advice about grieving as everybody grieves in a different way.
    Allow yourself time, maybe make a remembrance box of his favourite toys and some photos.
    When my Bonny died it helped me to draw her in some very typical postures...

6. Ali hatim

Ali hatim PetForums Newbie

we couldnt vaccinate him in time, he had the disease from his previous owner so it was too late to vaccinate.

we are disinfecting the house as of now and we will go to our trusted vet to vaccinate him.

thanks for your remorse and your advice

white_shadow, chillminx and ewelsh like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice