Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

my brother :(

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SophieCyde, Apr 6, 2011.

1. SophieCyde

SophieCyde PetForums VIP

just told us he is getting bullied at school , he's only 10 so I don't know what he means by bullied , it might be just picking on him for fun or something but I am so angry :mad:

I've been on the recieving end of bullies many times and they make my blood boil , but they can do it to me all they want but no-ones doing it to my little brother :nono:

I can't stand bullies :mad::mad::mad:

2. skyblue

skyblue PetForums VIP

this needs sorting out immediatly

3. SophieCyde

SophieCyde PetForums VIP

mums going in to school tomorrow to talk about it...

4. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

I am going though the same thing with my 7yr old son, and it is horrible.

I hope your mum can sort it out.

Sending big hugs xxx

5. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

Awww I hate bullies too the make School life so hard I hope you get it sorted hugs

6. Jonesey

Jonesey PetForums VIP

I'm so sorry for your little brother, your son too Katherine, if it is serious then you can be proud of them for having the courage to tell you. A lot of kids don't talk because they're afraid and ashamed. How old are you Sophie? Any way you can go threaten them or get a male friend to? That's a sneaky way of dealing with it, I know. One of my brothers has dyslexia, it went undiagnosed due to the times we grew up in and he had a terrible time at school. But no one ever beat him up because they knew they'd have to deal with my oldest brother. And I did the same for my little sister. You can't protect them forever, but it does work sometimes.

I hope it goes well for your Mum tomorrow.

And I've said it before, but please look at getting him into karate or another martial art. I don't advise it as a way to teach kids to fight others, but as a discipline that truly builds self confidence. Just knowing that you can defend yourself gives you confidence. And bullies don't pick on their confident peers.

7. Savahl

Savahl Guest

this is true... I studied mixed martial arts from 6 til 17 and despite being in the same tutor as the bully group, I was never bullied... they tried but always came out on their arse, after one or two moments of embarressment they didnt bother with me.

Not sure about karate but there are certainly alot of defence type MA's out there to be looked at. Its a great place for him to make friends and build confidence; and confidence and bullies are not common bedfellows :)

8. Heather78

Heather78 PetForums Senior

Aww, I hope your mother manages to sort it out for him.
    My stepson's getting bullied aswell, my hubby and his mum went to the school last week for a meeting with the head, they are in league with the police. It's a sort of neighbourhood thingy where the officers come into the school and talk to the kids and take out the offenders and say they've heard about them not being nice, never giving names or anything. Does your brothers school have anything like this or anything? Sending your brother {{hugs}} anyway, bloody hate bullies :mad:

9. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

Good he has big sister to talk to..try to find out what is on..important is- who stirs it up and why?..only words ..and what else?
    Sometimes pranksters do not realize they pushed it too far...and actually making hem realize that helps...
    Which kind of kids pick on him?
    What do his friends say?

* I do not know situation but it is essential to know those things..sometimes there is more to it on both sides...

Silly comments best left ignored ..but if offensive and leading to violence then must be addressed NOW...does he have a group of mates to hang out?..the safety in number!

Judo and jiujitzu are the best I think for his age (my kid does both..it really helped!...when bully lands legs in the air..and everyone laughs!..that does it...
    but now my son tries to defend his friends and sometimes I wish did was not so chivalrous...it leads to problems as well...)..

10. DaisytheTT

DaisytheTT PetForums Senior

Hugs to you and your brother. Sorry he is having to go through this but it is very brave of him to admit to you this is happening. I hope your Mum is able to sort it out with the school.

Bullies are awful, I was bullied abit in high school and my sister was badly bullied throughout high school. I sorted out her bullies but I wouldn't advise you to do the same as I did, :eek: not in this day and age, things were different when I was a child. I would definitely do as others have suggested and get him enrolled in some form of martial art, again not for self-defence but for confidence for him.

Hope it is sorted soon.

11. bulldog200

bulldog200 PetForums VIP

I truely hate bullies they are scum and dont care who they hurt ,its so good he has you fighting his corning and really hope you can get to the bottom of it .

12. SophieCyde

SophieCyde PetForums VIP

thanks everyone :)

Its not physical bullying , I think its more just picking on ,m I bet they don't realise they're doing it but its upsetting him , my mum had a word with one of the boys parents and the teacher said to get all the details from my brother then they will see what they can do

He does have a group of friends and plays football but martial arts could help , thanks again x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice